Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member, long time admirer, and "first" post.

Quick introduction, my name is Jason, I'm 21 and getting more and more into cycling (road and XC). I first started riding frequently from 96-98. Then I moved to Canada, and didn't ride for a while, now in California again, I decided to pick up where I left off 2 years ago.

My 2 bikes are 2000ish Specialized Hardrock purchased used from a friend. Somewhat of a beater but I've basically tuned it up myself.

My other bike is a 2003 Specialized Allez Sport, also purchased used. Performed the Seattle to Portland ride on it, and loving it.

This website along with its sister site (roadbikereview.com) has become a massive wealth of information. I'd like to thank all the friendly people who pitch in their time and knowledge for making this site so great. Hoping to become a better cyclist and provide my own wealth of knowledge in the future :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
The others are correct. There is some much you can learn about mt. biking just from these forums. My local bike shop is actually surprised that I have learned so much in the last two months. Especially because when I first walked in and asked about getting a bike, the guy had asked me, "What kind of riding do you plan on doing? Cross-country, all mountain, or some downhill?" I replied, "I have no idea what you just said."

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reintroducing myself

Well, after a little over 3 years, I've returned to the forums. After getting into (and out of) several other hobbies, I've decided to dust off my bike and start riding again. Despite my original plans of getting a bike 3 years ago, I haven't bothered and still have my aging bike :madman:

Hopefully this time I'll stick around and get more involved than my last fleeing visit :nono:

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Welcome back...

jason124 said:
Well, after a little over 3 years, I've returned to the forums. After getting into (and out of) several other hobbies, I've decided to dust off my bike and start riding again. Despite my original plans of getting a bike 3 years ago, I haven't bothered and still have my aging bike :madman:

Hopefully this time I'll stick around and get more involved than my last fleeing visit :nono:
Talk to you in 3 years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dogonfr said:
Welcome back hope you stick with MTB this round, question is Sept special for you cause were about to hit winter. :thumbsup:
Haha! That'd probably be the case if I was still in Canada, but here in LA it doesn't matter if its "winter" its still over 70 degress at times. Perfect cycling weather :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts