Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.
I'm beginner in MTB world and need some help.

I found this frame relative cheap but can't find anywhere does it support more than 120 mm front travel.I'm looking for some solid FS (lets say AM bike) for decent money so I would like to put more than 120 mm fork travel on this one but don't know can this frame handle it?
This Manitou Marvel on the bike is 120 mm for XC so I'm afraid that is the max.

Do you think geometry is fine for more travel?

I can't find anything about this frame on web :madman:

·
Administrator
10,627 Posts
Hello there.
I'm beginner in MTB world and need some help.

I found this frame relative cheap but can't find anywhere does it support more than 120 mm front travel.I'm looking for some solid FS (lets say AM bike) for decent money so I would like to put more than 120 mm fork travel on this one but don't know can this frame handle it?
This Manitou Marvel on the bike is 120 mm for XC so I'm afraid that is the max.

Do you think geometry is fine for more travel?

I can't find anything about this frame on web :madman:
Putting a longer than specified fork on a frame will add larger forces to the head tube area and can cause frame failures. I would suggest that if all mountain is what you are looking for get one designed for it. You could put a longer fork on there, frame failure notwithstanding but it would also muck up the geometry and might make the bike handle worse (although it could be just the ticket too but it is still an expensive way to test to see if it will work).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this is some kind of trail bike right?
It is so stupid that I can't find manuals for it.
Maybe 120 mm will work for me at the end,I'm only 60 kg weight so I guess some easy and medium jumps would be fine with this bike?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
adding 20mm of travel on most good bike frames isn't too risky these days, although the risk of breakage is always increased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts