Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
MKM said:
Are Greenbelt and Trailview the same trail????

If so they connect stillwell to Bethpage correct?

and how would i get from the Bethpage lot to greenbelt trails?
there is a part in bethpage where there is an small opening where a bunch of trails come together...the greenbelt is a trail at the north end of that area ( i think its the north part)...if you headed in the right direction the trail will be a singletrack and should have white trail markings. If you hit a street right very soon after you get onto the trail after the open area, you need the trail to the right of the one you took.

The greenbelt is the same thing as trailview park.

I could take you on the bethpage/greenbelt/stillwell loop at somepoint later on in the month. The loop is somewhere around 20 something miles and in my opinion is a great ride but takes a lot out of you. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and ill show you around.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
New York State Parks bought the Nassau Suffolk Greenbelt Trail and changed the name to Trail View State Park about 6 years ago.

Easiest way to find (greenbelt aka trailview) is If your in Bethpage State Park Picnic Parking lot. Go on the Paved Bike Path and head south. just before the turn where it parallels the 135 expressway.....turn right into the fire road and follow the painted white rectangle trail. This is the greenbelt aka trailview. there is a better way but this is the easiest way, once you know where the connection is at the first road crossing then you can use a number of great trails to bring you to that first road crossing.

After every road crossing veer right to get the connecting trail (going north)...at washington avenue, go right (continue under expressway about 1/8 mile) then enter slot in fence on left painted with white rectangle. (the top rectangle indicates a right or left turn depending on which side from the bottom rectangle, it is located) getting lost is part of the adventure.

Or you can drive to the trailhead at jericho tpk...just west of woodbury road near stop and shop. from there you can head north to stillwell or south to bethpage.

Or you can go with my friend sevendust717 (Hi) and he'll show you the way.

Support http://www.climbonline.org the creators and maintainers of over 80 miles of trails on long island.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K sounds good thanks for ur help i think like next saturday im gunna hit up the brickyard, then take that to the "woodchip clearing" which connects several trails Including the greenbelt and from there im gunna go to stillwell loop and back....its gunna be a sweet ride!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.