Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to access Green Mtn coming from the Cold Spring P-n-R on Union Ave? meaning the quickest and least amount of road.

There are lots of little neighborhood access trails I have seen while riding but not sure where they come in from.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just head towards Alameda along Union (staying on the sidewalk is recommended!). Alameda has a good bike route/bike path on it. Head towards Green Mtn on Alameda. At the very top of the hill, you'll find the main lot for GM - a good starting point!

Riding the bus to get to Green Mtn is awesome!! I hope more people will start doing stuff like this!

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
PuraVida said:
meaning the quickest and least amount of road.
There are a few access points that would answer this part better, although elbruche's answer is fine too.

Use google earth or mapquest aerial to get it in your head if you need to.
1-Take the 6th ave frontage road to Indiana, and the access andychrysler describes here (in post#4) and mountaingoatepics (in post#5):
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=509332

2-(and probably the best for what you want) - Union to 2nd pl, 2nd pl. west until it ends at round-about at Arbutus. Get on bike path on SEside of round-about and head S, and follow path to singletrack after it ends - go up the hill!

Both these will put you at the tower mentioned.

Like I said get a view of it on the computer 1st!

Have fun checking out the established non-traditional Grn Mtn trails!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts