Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode up the Gold Creek trail today. The traction was crusty and adequate but a little sketchy in places due to some sun melt and re-freezing. Just a shade under 24 degrees in the upper parking lot. Ride up was fine, however my fingers, toes, and ears suffered on the way down. On the third-string bikey again today cause the FirePros seem to work good in the snow (and it's light). I hit the coffee stand at Wildcat Lake on the way home.

Upper parking lot (1500 ft); thermometer was reading 23.8 degrees - see inset

I walked this part of the trail, the stream was completely frozen

Snow cover is representative of most of the upper trail; crunchy

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
MarkHL said:
I rode up the Gold Creek trail today. The traction was crusty and adequate but a little sketchy in places due to some sun melt and re-freezing. Just a shade under 24 degrees in the upper parking lot. Ride up was fine, however my fingers, toes, and ears suffered on the way down. On the third-string bikey again today cause the FirePros seem to work good in the snow (and it's light). I hit the coffee stand at Wildcat Lake on the way home.

Upper parking lot (1500 ft); thermometer was reading 23.8 degrees - see inset

I walked this part of the trail, the stream was completely frozen

Snow cover is representative of most of the upper trail; crunchy
Cool. I love riding green in the snow. Banner is fun too since the trails don't get much but the trees and bushes look purdy.

I was going to ride on Sunday but ended up doing some back country snowboarding at Hurricane ridge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.