Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
On a clear day you can see Green Mountain from Seattle (Alki, Downtown,Magnolia) pretty easy. Look across the water to the West by Northwest. With the Olympics in the background, you'll see about 3 large lumps, the one North of the one with the towers is Green.

Now i know that it's not the same as an on the ground update, but if it's white-capped, you're probably hosed or good for just a quick Wildcat to the snow and back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<sL4yEr>RuLz said:
Well Goatboy? Any snow?
Wish I knew. I'm more likely to get struck by lightning than have a clear day to see across the bay. I wasn't going to risk it and drive out there to find out, so I hit Tokul last sunday. But yeah, like FM said, I need a change of scenery. With all the semi dry weather, if GM isn't clear yet maybe we hit Annacortes. Or maybe Galby is clear?

You able to get out Sunday for a long one?

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
goatboy001 said:
Wish I knew. I'm more likely to get struck by lightning than have a clear day to see across the bay. I wasn't going to risk it and drive out there to find out, so I hit Tokul last sunday. But yeah, like FM said, I need a change of scenery. With all the semi dry weather, if GM isn't clear yet maybe we hit Annacortes. Or maybe Galby is clear?

You able to get out Sunday for a long one?
Love to but can't. My day's are becoming more and more limited. Christ-o-mighty, what have I done!? ;)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Snow level is super low, temps are well above freezing. It would be a safe bet that Green Mountain would be good by now. It's not that high of a mountain...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no nancies said:
Here at the base on Holly, we got .25" and it did not go away. Some flurries now at 415.
I will predict the top has more but riding up should be no problem with canopy. RR if ya went. cheers
Just got back from GM. There is about one inch of new powder on the entire mountain. Only place we saw older snow was up top, from the upper parking lot to the lookout. Super fun, fast ride, traction was choice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.