Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion the greatest bike ever made was the Santa Cruz Tall Boy Version 3. I didn't own one of these but worked on several and know many people who did.

I think this was closest there has ever been to a bike that does everything well. They made good XC bike, they could hang with Enduro bike on most trails, and most importantly they didn't break. It was also made in a big enough size that they big guys actually had a bike that fit them.

People who had these are starting to move on to other bikes now. When I ask them about their new bikes they all say "It is good but it isn't as good at everything"

In your opinion what is the greatest bike made?

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,174 Posts
actually FTW era Yeti ARC imho...compare it to bikes of it's era, not today's monsters

and a zillion others on a zillion different peeps lists

·
Registered
14,850 Posts
The dopest bike is the one between my legs. Cliche maybe but seriously how can you know how good a bike is until you've put a little time on it? And who besides pro bike reviewers has actually spent trail time on every good bike out there? Not many I'd guess, for sure not me.

That said I do really like the Tallboys but I'll take the version 4 over the 3.

·
Registered
Top Fuel
1,547 Posts
Cannondale Rush from the 2006‘ish timeframe was way ahead of its time.

·
Your bike sucks
2,192 Posts
Yeah with the exception of the old Truths frame cracking...
Everyone should know the pleasure of owning an Ellsworth. Cadillac of bikes. On those rare plentiful moments when you need customer service, a quick call to Tony. Charmer.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts