Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 3 hills of Surrey Leith, Holmbury and Pitch Hills all have great riding from beginners up to full Downhillers.

Look on Trailforks re Pinkbike and most of the Trails are named such as Yoghurt Pots, Summer Lightning, Barry Knows Best, Sidewinder etc.

I also have videos of all these trails on my Youtube channel and more areas in the South of the UK. See my latest below from yesterday

·
since 4/10/2009
35,300 Posts
Honestly, I would rather people post their videos in the forum outside of there. Here is good for beginner-relevant content (though I wish OP would have provided more detail on where this place is...and embedding videos is better than linking them). Passion is good for just about anything. I'd rather the video and photography forums be combined and pretty much limited just to gear discussions, with the actual CONTENT being posted where people are more likely to see it.

IMO, big reason why the Passion forum gets little traffic.

·
jcd's best friend
3,504 Posts
Honestly, I would rather people post their videos in the forum outside of there. Here is good for beginner-relevant content (though I wish OP would have provided more detail on where this place is...and embedding videos is better than linking them). Passion is good for just about anything. I'd rather the video and photography forums be combined and pretty much limited just to gear discussions, with the actual CONTENT being posted where people are more likely to see it.

IMO, big reason why the Passion forum gets little traffic.
I think a lot of forums could use some major revamping!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alot of people go to Surrey and as its not a Trail Centre so you have to find the trails for yourself hence why i put the video on the beginners corner.

I have met people whilst riding who were trying to find the trails many times and have guided them around so they have a good ride and idea. Hence why i have put many Surrey Hill videos on my Youtube channel so people can have a taster of the trails

They can always follow me on Strava also and pinch my rides.
Its all about a community feel and if you do watch my latest video then I had not ridden on Hurtwood or one side of Pitch Hill and met some guys by accident who done the same for me.

This is what is so good about our sport you meet people out on the trails and everyone is helpful and nice to each other brill

·
since 4/10/2009
35,300 Posts
Alot of people go to Surrey and as its not a Trail Centre so you have to find the trails for yourself hence why i put the video on the beginners corner.

I have met people whilst riding who were trying to find the trails many times and have guided them around so they have a good ride and idea. Hence why i have put many Surrey Hill videos on my Youtube channel so people can have a taster of the trails

They can always follow me on Strava also and pinch my rides.
Its all about a community feel and if you do watch my latest video then I had not ridden on Hurtwood or one side of Pitch Hill and met some guys by accident who done the same for me.

This is what is so good about our sport you meet people out on the trails and everyone is helpful and nice to each other brill
Thanks for posting it here.

But...you realize this is an international forum with a heavy NA slant, right? A country/region might help those of us who aren't from your area get a better idea of where these trails are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.