Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of the TNT Interbike Spots from Turner and got a DHX that stopped working after few rides. I sent it to Fox for warranty and got a call today from them saying that it is not covered because there is a damage on the shaft. The rep was trying to find out if I crashed it. I don't even have a scratch on the bike, I explained the rep. I asked if the box was damaged in any way during shipment. "nope". I did not see any damage before I sent it in. To be fair to the rep , he suggested that it might have been damaged during demo.Maybe I missed it. Final conclusion was to pay up to $85 to get it fix.

I told the rep to wait for my call after I get an answer from Turner. I spoke to Gregg at Turner and he is sending me a new one. Called Fox and left a msg to ship the busted one back to me. What amazed me is that I just checked my email and it is already on its way. Now that's great service. It feels great to be a Homer.Fox should fix bugz with that shock.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Greg is the best damn guy I have worked with in this whole industry in 10 years.
He hooked me up many moons ago when I raced Intense bikes, and I followed him to Turner and have been on them ever since.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
On another note...

WTH is that Ellsworth doing on the Turner board (the blue one in the back)!!!!!!! Isnt there some kind of punishment for that? I am sure the Homers can judiciously decide.... ;)

Buzz

MCM#45

·
Registered
237 Posts
I concur
Turner has amazing customer service. Greg rocks! I had an issue with my Rfx seatstay, and within one phone call to Greg, I had my new seatstay on its way to me (actually had it redirected to Olympic for some tasty pearl whiteness), but regardless, the service is incredible. How can you not love and support a company like this? Speaking of which, Greg, if you're reading this, I have not forgotten about sending the busted seatstay back to you, I'm just a big procrastinator! ;)

·
1,316 Posts
I love reading these posts...

Sorry to hear about the shock, that sucks. Still every time something bad happens to a Turner owner they get taken care of, without fail. After reading these forumn for over a year now there has never been one single issue that was not addressed. (I am sure others could say the same thing over a much longer time period.) Its a shame that more companies dont truly value their customers the way DT and company do. Nice job as always!

Hope you get the new shock soon and get out on the sweet new ride.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
I had an issue with my old mainframe and DT took over personally and was amazing. No nonsense attitude, offered what he had and said he can have me riding in two days with it. I was off the phone in under 10 minutes. Unfortunately we spoke under these circumstances, but it was a pleasure, nonetheless. He and Gregg were no nonsense, and went well beyond their obligations to a customer. This is one of the main reasons I bought into Turner.

·
Registered Dietitian
1,883 Posts
More Turner praise

I had trouble recently with my DHX Air on the Pack (RFX?), it blew its oil and had zero damping. I first called Fox and got an RA number, and while on the phone with them decided to order a DHX Coil to avoid this sort of thing in the future. Well, turns out the 7.5" X 2" DHX Coil is OEM only- so Fox couldn't (wouldn't) sell me one- EP or otherwise.

I called Turner to see if they could help. Jarrett and Gregg not only got me one, with the correct spring, at a very fair price- they also made sure it shipped THAT AFTERNOON so I could ride Saturday (this was a Thursday).

Gregg also hooked me up with my Polished Pack- sending it out with a batch of Fluxes as a one-off. These guys have my business no matter what damn rear pivot they put on their bikes- I know they'll ride great, and be backed up by the nicest guys around.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buzz said:
WTH is that Ellsworth doing on the Turner board (the blue one in the back)!!!!!!! Isnt there some kind of punishment for that? I am sure the Homers can judiciously decide.... ;)

Buzz

MCM#45
Guilty as charged :eek: . I thought about replacing the "blue bike" with Flux but my wife will change the locks on the door. I already sold 2 road and 2 MTB bikes in the past 2 years and now have 2 MTB and a road bike.

When I 1st received the Spot little over a month ago front wheel and rotor arrived bent, Greg also took care of that w/ replacement. Thanks man.

The shock should be delivered by monday but we just got 10"+ snow today.

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Buzz said:

Buzz

MCM#45
My vote is considering the fact that the Turner is the newest in the stable, no action should be taken. In fact the raving about the service deserves a few extra Brownie Points.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
When I first got into biking a few years ago, I got an rfx. I called turner and complained that the bike made my butt look fat. He must have heard my sniffles because Gregg came over immediately, rubbed my feet and told me I was pretty.

·
striker!
610 Posts
kidwoo said:
When I first got into biking a few years ago, I got an rfx. I called turner and complained that the bike made my butt look fat. He must have heard my sniffles because Gregg came over immediately, rubbed my feet and told me I was pretty.
LOL!

This is why I always read threads that Kid has posts in. Humor, sarcasm, keep up the good work!

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
My favorite service story was from a guy who was in vacation in Moab. He was riding the slickrock trail or porc (can't recall) and busted a stay on his old XCE. He thought his vacation was hosed, but gave DT a call to get the ball rolling. Turner immediately contacted Slickrock Cycles in Moab and had Dave (no relation) pull a stay off a showroom floor bike and install it on the hapless vacationer's steed. He was riding again the next morning and didn't miss a mile of his holiday. Now that's cool.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
tscheezy said:
My favorite service story was from a guy who was in vacation in Moab. He was riding the slickrock trail or porc (can't recall) and busted a stay on his old XCE. He thought his vacation was hosed, but gave DT a call to get the ball rolling. Turner immediately contacted Slickrock Cycles in Moab and had Dave (no relation) pull a stay off a showroom floor bike and install it on the hapless vacationer's steed. He was riding again the next morning and didn't miss a mile of his holiday. Now that's cool.
Yep, and that guy would be me. All true. That's part of why, although the "shopping list of the year" always has a few other brands on it, only Turners have actually been purchased since that incident. And, anytime I need anything in Moab, my first stop is always Slickrock Cycles.

Since then, there have been a few other marvelous CS incidents, but it's Friday night, and I'm going to drink some beer!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
kosmo said:
Yep, and that guy would be me. All true. That's part of why, although the "shopping list of the year" always has a few other brands on it, only Turners have actually been purchased since that incident. And, anytime I need anything in Moab, my first stop is always Slickrock Cycles.

Since then, there have been a few other marvelous CS incidents, but it's Friday night, and I'm going to drink some beer!
Great story...I'll drink to that. :D

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Roy said:
Hey Aqua - did you steal the Woo's ID?
No way. That tub o lard couldn't even fit into my profile.

You can tell the difference because MY drops have landings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.