Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was just looking for some suggestions on some other great places to ride in S/SE WI. I live right in the SE corner of WI and am usually riding at Petrifying Springs and Kettle Moraine South (John Muir). I was looking for a travel time of @ 1hr or so one-way from the IL/WI border. I am much more knowledgeable on locations in IL for riding, so I'm pretty much clueless about WI, other than the trails I mentioned.

I definitely want to hit Blue Mounds some time this season also. I was reading the reviews on The Creepyfriendly trail in Stevens Point and it seems pretty sweet too, but I'm not sure how long the trip there would be.

Thanks a ton for the help, as always!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can try the Alpha Trail in Franklin, which is the southwest corner of the Milwaukee metro area. It's about a 2.5 mile loop of flowy ST. Park in Witnall Park golf course lot and cross the street to the trail head, which is northeast from where you cross the street. From the Alpha you can also link to the trails at Crystal Ridge ski hill which are kind of confusing and not well marked. They race at Crystal Ridge every Wed night (weather permitting) and there is a WORS race there on the 16th of July. If you do the Alpha and CR trails together you get about a 12 mile loop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
s/se wisco riding

I am not sure where you live but I would suggest showing up for either of the Tuesday or Thursday group rides in Janesville. You may be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the riding, trails, and riders on these rides. Locations, directions, and meeting times can be found here www.veloclub.org . The Thursday ride splits up into 2-3 groups and the Tuesday ride is generally smaller and less demanding. Rock Cut in Rockford is another nice place to ride in the Stateline area.

·
CAMBr Trail Crew
566 Posts
Alpha Trail ROCKS!!!

Today, I rode the Alpha Trail during the pre-ride for tomorrow's WORS Race. This place ROCKS!!! The single-track is really tight, and not too flowy, but man it was one [email protected] ride. There's a long gut-wrenching climb on the backside of the hill, that leads you down to more tight-ass single-track. But the down-hill run on the otherside of the hill makes it all worth it. A BIG thumbs-up :thumbsup: to whoever designed the layout of this place!!! Can't wait to make it back...

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DDDonny said:
Today, I rode the Alpha Trail during the pre-ride for tomorrow's WORS Race. This place ROCKS!!! The single-track is really tight, and not too flowy, but man it was one [email protected] ride. There's a long gut-wrenching climb on the backside of the hill, that leads you down to more tight-ass single-track. But the down-hill run on the otherside of the hill makes it all worth it. A BIG thumbs-up :thumbsup: to whoever designed the layout of this place!!! Can't wait to make it back...
Thanks for the heads-up on the Alpha Trail. I'll have to check that one out.

Good luck in tomorrow's race!:thumbsup:

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.