Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the MTB community as a whole is full of wonderful people but it seems like the Airborne Forum is even more special and helpful to beginners like me.

Just a quick public thank you to two Airborne riders. I had mechanical difficulty due to my stupidity and PMed two people on this forum who quickly and efficiently answered my questions and solved my problem. (Not so much a problem as my overlooking something very simple!) Thank you Wildfifty and BigDaddyFlyer! Now I'm back in the dirt and happily riding my Airborne!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I said I was "back in the dirt" it was figuratively. I have baby watching duty today, plus everything is sloppy from the snow, so I didn't get to test out the bash guard. Hopefully I'll be able to ride Friday. There's a log at Wakefield that has been giving me fits - I ALWAYS hit it with the 44t ring, so I'm hoping the extra clearance and bash help fix that! Thank you guys again for your help, and for not laughing or shaking your head at my problem!

·
Registered
145 Posts
When I said I was "back in the dirt" it was figuratively. I have baby watching duty today, plus everything is sloppy from the snow, so I didn't get to test out the bash guard. Hopefully I'll be able to ride Friday. There's a log at Wakefield that has been giving me fits - I ALWAYS hit it with the 44t ring, so I'm hoping the extra clearance and bash help fix that! Thank you guys again for your help, and for not laughing or shaking your head at my problem!
I also came to the conclusion that the big ring had to go bc of logs and trees down in wakefiled too.

Looks like we'll be getting a bunch of rain this weekend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really hope you are wrong about the rain. I don't think I can stand riding the CCT instead of real dirt much longer! And Wakefield had just dried out enough to ride! I rode there the other day and managed to smack my super wide bars on a pair of trees in the Bowl. I guess I need to practice threading the bars through thin sections, cause I'm loving the width of the bar everywhere else!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts