Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Happy Mojo Rider
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would start a thread on my LBS experience here in Ontario. Ordered my Mojo from them and they said it would take 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I started phoning them and they said it was on it's way. I became curious and PM'd Hans, he said my bike hadn't even left their factory and would be 1.5-2 weeks longer. Phoned my LBS told them the story they said it was news to them and I told them to phone and ask. They were told the same thing when they phoned, now my problem was that after 2 weeks all they had to do was make a phone call and find out if it was on route or delayed, I would have gladly waited. I found out my self by being pro-active. Now I'm sure this shop has a lot of happy customers but when I went in to order the bike nobody paid any attention to me. Granted none of the managers weren't there but I was treated like a nobody until I had to ask for help(the shop was empty) plus when I asked if they could move a little on the price the salesman informed me that they were 1 of 8 shops in Canada that sold Ibis. After all this I grabbed my deposit back and started phoning. A week and a few days later I'm riding my Mojo, called across Canada and found one in a small shop in Fernie BC called StraightLine Bike & Ski. Right off the bat Ian said he had one in stock with a SX build and offered to swap parts. In the end I picked up my Mojo at the bus depot with a better build than the XT and he took off 100.00 to offset the cost of shipping. Great bike shop in BC and great service, as for the other bike shop I'm sure they're a great bike shop it's just MY experience with them wasn't very good and it's sad that I had to go out of the province to get a better deal. Sorry to be so long winded but just my story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.