Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few hardy souls from the Western side of Montana are going to bike the day after they take off the Smith River at Eden Bridge (Between Great Falls and Helena) Any suggestions for rides? Thain Creek in the Highwoods looks good. It also appears that there are a number of rides in the Little Belts by White Sulphur.

Any and all feedback would be appreciatated.

Thanks,

Bret:thumbsup:

·
Salad Days
762 Posts
I did a little hiking in the highwoods when it was too muddy to bike and they looked great - relatively smooth singletrack and a nice little trail network.

I've only driven through the little belts but the trails look good on the maps.

Have fun on the Smith, i did that float with the family a couple of weeks ago and had a good time.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
One of the best trails in the state is just west of White Sulphur on Duck Creek Pass. Drive up to Gipsy Lake. Take the trail south to Edith Lake and Mt. Edith. It is a fabulous trials course. Don't be afraid of the rain, there is no mud there. It is awesome in the rain. Grippy rocks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input

Thanks Greg and JParker for the feedback. The Smith ended up dropping water levels and we ended up in the Flathead. Good boating and some fun riding west of Whitefish in the Tally Lake area.

JParker - Are you the same JParker that lives in Bozeman? If so, we know several people in common - Chad, Aaron, James, etc. I'll probably see you on the trail in Bozeman sometime.

Bret

·
Salad Days
762 Posts
Missoula said:
Thanks Greg and JParker for the feedback. The Smith ended up dropping water levels and we ended up in the Flathead. Good boating and some fun riding west of Whitefish in the Tally Lake area.

JParker - Are you the same JParker that lives in Bozeman? If so, we know several people in common - Chad, Aaron, James, etc. I'll probably see you on the trail in Bozeman sometime.

Bret
That's me. I rode Blodgett with chad a couple of weeks ago, he's all kinds of busy these days.

I rode Crane Mountain trail on Flathead twice this weekend (left GPS on the top the first time). It's an excellent ride too. It is near Woods Bay on the eastern shore of the lake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.