Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I must say that I usually don't shop via the internet. I have good friends that own and run a bike shop and am takin care of well.

I noticed a while back that WheelWorld was blowing out old Mavic 217 rims for $19.99. I thought great, I needed a new set of XC wheels. I place 2 of them in my cart and go to check out. $39.98 for rims, $3.30 sales tax and $26.99 for shipping....grand totaly of $70.27 Here is the kicker, I only live about 36 miles form the Wheelworld store. I went by the actual location to buy them in person and the sales guy knew nothing about them. I was then told they didn't have them.

So I let it go and forgot about it. Then Monday night 10pm'ish PST I was surfing around Cambria's website and saw they were blowing out the same rims, but for $24.99 I had them price match the Wheelworld price and they actually beat them, by $2. each. Today, they were on my doorstep. They recieved my order yesterday, pulled the items, packaged and shipped them to me. $37.98 for rims, $2.75 for tax and $10 shipping......grand total $50.73

I live south of Wheelworld and they were charging nearly 3x as much as Cambria to ship a shorter distance.

Basically got them next day without having to pay for that type of shipping.

Just had to pass that along.

mtnbikej

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
I, too, have had great experience with Cambria. I want to purchase a suspension fork off of them but it was slightly out of my price range so I checked to see if they would accept a trade of my current suspension fork that I am looking to replace.

They emailed me back promptly telling me that while they did not accept changes, they would gladly discount the price of the fork by $25 and they suggested I sell the fork on ebay. The person who I talked to, Alan Forrest, has been very helpful and understanding and I would recommend CBO to anyone from the experience I've had with them so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.