Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a rather windy Saturday, conditions couldn't have been better at Bootleg. A little chilly at the start but it was all good after peeling off one layer.




On Inner Circle going counterclockwise.





Going down West Leg





On Mother





POW



Climbing back towards the bathrooms.
 

·
This space available
Joined
·
136 Posts
I agree, Sunday was a great day to be out there.

I figured this would be the last nice day before the winter weather. So nice, that I looped some sections twice.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7287903

Again, I had the weird experience of a sudden flat tire (not tubeless) after I was done riding just before I loaded up the bike. I even had enough time to take a picture. Moments later I heard a pop...hiss....
 

Attachments

·
This space available
Joined
·
136 Posts
Voodoo Dambala 29er. Steel is real (love the 853). I am running 34-19 but may kick back to 34-20 for the winter.
 

·
V-Shaped Rut
Joined
·
3,178 Posts
Yes indeed. Perhaps I would trade the steel for Ti, but never for Al. :thumbsup:

JDay said:
Voodoo Dambala 29er. Steel is real (love the 853). I am running 34-19 but may kick back to 34-20 for the winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Sweet pics, damn I love Bootleg.

I don't get the comments about "winter weather" though? I've ridden Bootleg in Jan/Feb and it was great. Of course I'm used to riding in Iowa where it is about 15 degrees outside and snow/ice on the trails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Anyone have a good sense of the what the weather is going to be like this weekend?? It says there's a chance of rain but I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I'll be driving out there this weekend.
 

·
V-Shaped Rut
Joined
·
3,178 Posts
LowLow said:
Anyone have a good sense of the what the weather is going to be like this weekend?? It says there's a chance of rain but I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I'll be driving out there this weekend.
30% chance, which means a 70% chance of an awesome day! I like them odds!

BigD, its not so much the cold but the wind. A few weeks back the wind was strong enough that I was standing and hammering like I was going up a monster hill even though I was on a flat trail. Later the wind actually blew me off trail and into the side of the hill. There are also flash floods which pretty well suck ass. Note that I was still out riding. :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top