Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gives me PEACE of mine
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wyatt and I sported our 9Ners today. Good choice...Had a blast...

Attachments

·
Gives me PEACE of mine
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
921 Posts
Nice, I really need to get out there this summer. Naner, the new peace 9er looks sweet. What is that you're drinking?

·
Gives me PEACE of mine
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jonz187 said:
Nice, I really need to get out there this summer. Naner, the new peace 9er looks sweet. What is that you're drinking?
Thankx jonz.The only bike i want to ride anymore. And yes its fat tire thanks to wyatt and binger and the black market...lol

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hey man, I am the dude that said hello in the parking lot. Nice pics, it was my first time to raystown and it was FAST. Ate sh1t pretty nasty doing about 18mph, the bruising/scrapes continue past my thigh....I thought I would spare everyone from seeing that.

Here are my raystown pics:

·
Gravity's Gone
1,384 Posts
nanerpuddin said:
Thankx jonz.The only bike i want to ride anymore.
That's sad. You used to ride real bikes on real trails. Now it's "Let's find the smoothest buffest trails we can and ride our 29ers". Oh well, typical 29er bandwagon jumping I suppose.

·
Gives me PEACE of mine
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nankerphelge said:
That's sad. You used to ride real bikes on real trails. Now it's "Let's find the smoothest buffest trails we can and ride our 29ers". Oh well, typical 29er bandwagon jumping I suppose.
I'm surprised It took you this long to reply nanker...lol.

·
Gives me PEACE of mine
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dietz31684 said:
Hey man, I am the dude that said hello in the parking lot. Nice pics, it was my first time to raystown and it was FAST. Ate sh1t pretty nasty doing about 18mph, the bruising/scrapes continue past my thigh....I thought I would spare everyone from seeing that.

Here are my raystown pics:

Dude it only gets better.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Allegrippis.....

....man looks like you picked a great day to hit raystown. Excellent pics.

dietz......you look to have some serious bacon from that fall.....have heard about many others rippin' and wiping out pretty good givin the speeds you can attain on the trails....rie on!

·
Registered
995 Posts
No love lost for the trails, it was a major user error...that was my worst tumble in well over a year. We did another 6 miles after the spill, just a little burning from the sweat. Neither me nor the bike had anything broken so I was pretty happy about that.

That pic of the two bikes in the trees by the edge of the water is sweet.

·
Gives me PEACE of mine
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DeadWeight said:
Gonna be there at the end of the month, whats the cool trail...

Its best to stop at the LBS buy a map, which the money goes towards the trails. The dude was very helpful on letting us know which direction to ride. Grippis is one of my favs.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Awsome pics guys, I am going out Saturday evening for an all-day Sunday experience there, I am so stoked. Are the maps and trail markers easy to follow? Or better yet, what's the name of that LBS?

I only ask because, well, for example two years ago I meant to do the Broad Mtn Loop in Jim Thorpe, and accidentally started at a trailhead on the wrong side of the road, and ended up doing American Standard but trying to follow map cues for Broad Mtn, which led to a lot of frustration lol.

I am not sure of which trails I should do, but I think I will have enough time to play on a few of them if I start early in the morning.

nankerphelge said:
Is this like an inside joke or seriousness? I don't frequent this PA forum too much so I can't tell.

·
ride more
2,626 Posts
@ Dietz- good to meet ya, thats some really nice trail rash.
@ xjared- probably more of an inside joke than seriousness, but we are a pretty dysfunctional group..... The guy @ Rothrock Outfitters is very helpful and informative. It's right on Penn St. next to Boxer's Cafe which is also worth a visit!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts