Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Biker Boater Boarder
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Trek Rumblefish Elite that ill be replacing the handlebar on soon.

Can you guys recommend a 31.8 or is it 31.6...anyway, that has a great carbon fiber look (u can see the fibers, lite weight and strong?

Thanks,
Chaco

·
Registered
347 Posts
FSA - I can see the fiber and their colours can match. Not sure if its the lightest but certainly strong enough for safety. With the forces in racing its astute to get something strong & reliable.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm really liking my crank bro's cobalt11 bars. Nice looking and visible carbon. Actually never considered them till a local shop gave me a really good price. I'd definitely buy them again.

·
Fat & Single
4,136 Posts
Syntace Vector Carbon :thumbsup:

·
Biker Boater Boarder
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@drz400: i didnt think you could see the fiber in the Crank Brothers? Seems a little silly of me, but there is something about seeing the carbon fiber that looks really great!

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What sweep, rise and legth you after niner bar is my fav.

·
linkwvu
87 Posts
I have a Ritchey Carbon Low Rize 660 wide with a 15mm rise... Might be a tad narrow for some (I know a bunch of people are going WIDE now) but I kinda like a slightly twitchy ride. Great dampening & light weight especially when matched with ESI Racers Edge Grips. These things are beautiful too, I find myself just staring at them sometimes.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Answer ProTaper AM 720 Carbon. It has the big weave (12k) type finish.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Love those Ritchey bars! The finish in person is much nicer. I have a friend with one that took a brutal spill, multiple broken bones and the bar didn't crack, I was surprised.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Those Ritchey bars look really good. I can't find them in wider than 660, though. I am looking for something more like 700s. I think my buddy has some easton haven that look really sweet, and another friend has some ENVE & ENVE stem, wow...:eek:

I bought a brand new Shimano XCR pro carbon riser bar thinking I had a 660 width bar on my bike, and they're too narrow...past the return period now, so they're in the classifieds for 1/2 what they sell on nashbar for, and still brand new/never mounted. Oops...don't check before you impulse buy, that would make way too much sense huh? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts