Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incase anyone cares. I just got an email from Dick Drosse at Friends Of Great Bear. The previously closed orange trails have been cleared to ride. He had been speaking with the landowner in hopes of coming to some resolution and they reached an agreement. All he asked is that no trail clearing be done without his consent. Big thanks to everyone at Friends Of Great Bear for getting this done and to Mr. Auser (the landowner) for keeping his property open to hiking and biking. Trails in Oswego County and few and far between and we need every mile we can get.

·
Registered
294 Posts
wow, I care and thats great!...Thanks for the info!!!!
I love it in there as its less than 10 minutes from my house...
Its been real dry in there this year but wow have the 4 wheelers and dirt bikes really eroded many spots... I wouldnt have an issue seeing their time limited...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also live very close to there and ride there at least once a week. In fact I'm going to try and sneak in a ride this afternoon before work. The motorized vehicles are the one thing that really scare me there. And they scare me in terms of access. The property that Great Bear lies upon is owned by the city of Fulton and we are allowed to use the land for recreational purposes. All its going to take to get shut down is one idiot on a four wheeler with no helmet to break his or neck or die out there are that's it. No more usage. Being a local maybe you can answer a question for me about another trail. You can see it heading into the woods on 481 in the northbound lane just before you reach the old Miller Brewing plant. I've always noticed a 4 wheeler trail heading into the woods there and wondered where it went and if it was bikeable.

·
Registered
294 Posts
shanem said:
Being a local maybe you can answer a question for me about another trail. You can see it heading into the woods on 481 in the northbound lane just before you reach the old Miller Brewing plant. I've always noticed a 4 wheeler trail heading into the woods there and wondered where it went and if it was bikeable.
I agree with what you say about someone getting hurt... definately a concern.

I also am not familiar with if that path is bikeable off 481... may be worth exploring one of these days....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.