Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use Phil Wood Waterproof Grease (the one in the green tube) for normal greasing of all parts of a bike because it says on the container "for bearings".

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Grease, like most things is advertized based on the most demanding application it'll serve, it can always used for less demanding purposes. It's analgeous to using a tire rated for up to 150psi at only 95psi.

Your only concern is where another spec might have to be met, such as if there are rubber parts that specify only certain greases.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Hardtail Rider said:
don't grease attracts dirt...?

I have a Multi-Purpose Lithium Grease, I wonder if I could use it
I have White Lithium grease and I used to use it for bike stuff but I found that it broke down faster than the Phil Wood stuff.

Not that the Lithium didn't work. I just needed to replace it more often

·
Registered
549 Posts
Phil's is excellent! Their "Waterproof Grease" and "Tenacious Oil" are great products. Regardless of the sagging economy and as much as I want to perpetuate the bicycle-industry, let me pass a bit of a tip - visit a local moto-x shop and keep your eyes open for Bel Ray Waterproof Grease. Compare a 16oz tub for $5 vs 3oz tube for $3.50. This tub will probably outlive me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.