Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of switching from saints to gravity lights. Can anyone advise on the quality of these cranks, as I've never seen a pair in person before...?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chober said:
They don't look as nice as the Saint but are about 150g lighter. They install fairly easily. I'm waiting to get 165mm gravity lights to swap my Saints out.
I'm looking at the 165mm as well.

I've had GAP cranks, and I have Afterburners on my Rune - I know FSA cranks are generally pretty good. Just have not seen these. They reduction in weight is a nice thing.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,615 Posts
They aren't as insanely strong as Saint cranks, the weight-loss isn't without consequence. If you plan to go big I would stick with what you have. I think everyone just assumes the GL are bombproof since lots of guys race on them.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thom9719 said:
I've got the G-lites on my blindside. they are working great so far. I ran a pair all winter on my double with little problem.

Kyle,
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for that.

So, how did you find our little friend Andrew Lee on your stay in BC recently?! lol

·
More Riding Less Internet
510 Posts
haha, andrew was a super cool kid, and was STOKED to ride. I just felt bad that he clapped his dome and couldn't compete. he really wanted to ride in the contest.

Kyle,

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thom9719 said:
haha, andrew was a super cool kid, and was STOKED to ride. I just felt bad that he clapped his dome and couldn't compete. he really wanted to ride in the contest.

Kyle,
Andrew is THE BEST.

Poor guy, i felt so bad when he called to let us know how things went. But, he'll get another chance.

How did you like the zinger accent!? lol

I wish he had more people to ride with in his area. He is as good as he is soley by himself. I can't imagine how good he could be if he was exposed to better riders and better trails.

Keep an eye out for Andrew Lee guys!

·
More Riding Less Internet
510 Posts
mjw said:
Andrew is THE BEST.

Poor guy, i felt so bad when he called to let us know how things went. But, he'll get another chance.

How did you like the zinger accent!? lol

I wish he had more people to ride with in his area. He is as good as he is soley by himself. I can't imagine how good he could be if he was exposed to better riders and better trails.

Keep an eye out for Andrew Lee guys!
his accent was hard to understand, but once we started riding, It was all good!

Kyle,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.