Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No dear i got it cheaper
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a Turner question but I’ve seen them on quite a few Sixpacks just wondering if there any good and are they very durable (any sloppiness between the main seatpost and the post that extends and descends )thinking about buying one but just concerned about forking all that cash out before getting any feedback.

Oh and on a Turner question thinking about selling my 5.5 frame and getting a Sixpack, have I gone mad or have I seen the light?

Lee…

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Gravity dropper feedback? Try this.

The 6-Pack is a very different beast than the 5.5. The 5.5 is far more xc feeling: quick, precise. The 6-Pack would feel downright lumbering in comparison. If you want to move away from VPP for some reason, but want a roughly comparable trail rig, look at the 5-Spot. If you are outgrowing the 5.5 because you are going bigger/faster and want something you can beat the tar out of, then the 6-Pack may be appropriate. We can't recommend much without knowing a lot more about you though...

·
No dear i got it cheaper
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What it is i bought a Uzzi SLX with 5th coil (ran in the 6’ position) two years ago and it just felt great, up hill was a bit of a plod but downhill was a delight but i had to sell her (the bike not the wife) for one reason and another. Laid of biking for about a year then started to get back into it. Unfortunately Intense stopped making the Uzzi and what I thought at the time was the replacement for the Uzzi was the 5.5 i bought that but after 8 months it still doesn’t sit right with me, exactly like you said to much XC in her. Now I see Turner and the 6pack and by the looks and sounds of things it’s very much in the style of the Uzzi SLX, strong 6’ trail bike.

Not keen on the Intense VPX to much downhill in that one for me.

Lee…

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
tails said:
Not really a Turner question but I?ve seen them on quite a few Sixpacks just wondering if there any good and are they very durable (any sloppiness between the main seatpost and the post that extends and descends )thinking about buying one but just concerned about forking all that cash out before getting any feedback.

Lee?
I've had the handlebar remote dropper post since late summer 2004. I've had zero reliability issues. If you've read the thread that Tscheezy posted a link to, you have read most of my input, I would buy another one, instantly. You have nothing to lose by trying one. The manufacturer offers a 30 money back gaurantee; if you don't like it for whatever reason, you can return it for a full refund. Apparently, not many buyers take him up on the return offer. It took me two days of owning one to decide it was a keeper. It rocks. Buy one!

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I have both a 5-Spot and a 6-Pack (size large). I just put a 100mm stem on the Spot (down from a more XC 120mm). With the 5" in back and a 140mm Pike up front and the shorter stem I have to say the Spot is about 90% of the descending bike that the Pack is with it's 6" in back and a 150mm Z1 FR1 in front, but it sure climbs easier overall. I'd seriously consider a Spot/RP3 and set it up with a good fork unless you really need the bigger hit durability of the Pack. Go look at the video on the Turner website on the 5-Spot page. That will give you an idea what the bike was built for...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.