Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have had a 3 position gravity dropper on my bike for 2 rides, and now it doesn't stay fully extended.

It seems that the post does not make an audible 'click' in the full position, and I was wondering if there is some sort of adjustment that can be made...before I send it back to the shop.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
927 Posts
What SSINGA said. I had the same issue at the beginning. Extremely simple fix. A real small loosening of the clamp bolt is all that is needed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
easier than that...

Try the following:

Pry up the dust seal/boot from its lower position. You will notice a barrel adjuster right where the extension of the upper post begins. The barrel is machined to accept a wrench but you can make this adjustment by hand by unscrewing it 1/4 at a time until your post works the way you want it to. Too tight and it won't engage at the top, like you mention. Too loose and it will feel sloppy.

Any of the other mentioned remedies may also work but since it is a new post it is most likely the simple adjustment described above (and also clearly described in the directions that came with the seatpost).

Enjoy! I love my Gravity Dropper. It has changed the way I ride :thumbsup:

O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.