Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
I dropped by Knolly HQ the other day and have to say it is a really nice looking frame. The tapered and butted seat tube is a thing of beauty. And those Ti welds. Beautiful full pen that can just be seen on the inside of the headtube junctions.

A gravel bike isnt for everyone, but those that get one of these will have lots to be proud of.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow I need this. Was looking to replace my
China carbon gravel frame with something titanium and this came out just in time! Now, the only real question is what fork to get? Anyone compared the Fox AX to the MRP Baxter that’s offered here with the builds? I’ve never considered a suspension fork for a gravel bike before but with my bad shoulders I’m thinking a little extra cushion might be a welcome thing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
^^^ change for a nickel?

Looking at a cache for a bikepacking rig. Anyone found any pics/builds yet? They have one pic on the knolly site with bags, etc.

Only slight gripe is kind of limited tire options. Wish you could go a hair larger to smooth out the ride.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I spoke with the guys at Knolly today and they have received the larger sized frames and shipped the first ones out today.

I ordered a 58 and I would expect everything larger than that in stock ( unless already sold out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sweet. How's the build quality? Did you get the complete build from them or just the frame?
I’ll preface this with “this is my first Ti bike and my second Knolly”.

Welds look amazing - like a roll of quarters. Finish is a scotch-bride pad and looks really nice. If you know anything about Knolly - you know the build quality is excellent. If you don’t know Knolly, the build qualities on their bikes are excellent. The bottom bracket area is really unique, especially at the bridge by the stays. The seat tube is pretty awesome. I like the 1-off headbadge too.

I ordered the frame. I’ll be building it once the rest of my parts come in. I’ll post photos soon.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts