Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here doing this? I wanted to try it. I was looking for some more information. What to expect, bring and where and when to meet.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Google grasshopper adventure series they have a blog. All rides besides lake sonoma meet at the occidental community center.

·
heaven help me
2,889 Posts
word of warning, we have had a lot of rain here in cazadero and east austin creek has a lot of water flowing in it. good luck trying to cross it in waist + deep water. by the time they recover your body you could be in jenner.

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
norton55 said:
word of warning, we have had a lot of rain here in cazadero and east austin creek has a lot of water flowing in it. good luck trying to cross it in waist + deep water. by the time they recover your body you could be in jenner.
true story.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Ahhh Grasshopper!

meh, now worries on the water. It has been done before, you just have to use the "human-chain" method.

Hopefully it will be high this year, it has been disappointing the last few years.

Grasshopper "Races" (the Occidental ones): Lots of fast people, lots of gnarly pavement and dirt roads, make sure you get a map if it is your first time. If you get dropped the banjo players may get you and you may never come out of the woods. The first one is mtn bike w/ skinnies or cross bike, the rest are road bike. The first one is the most savage, ends w/ a nice dirt climb and lots of chaos in the middle (river crossing, rutted out fire road descents).

These rides are the real deal. The Canadian mafia (Kabush, Plaxton, etc) usually train in the area and come out to crush along w/ all the other Santa Rosa area savages.

Not for the timid or weak willed.

·
heaven help me
2,889 Posts
too bad i'm going to be in colorado that weekend, as i would love to be at the castle and watch all the riders with hypothermia climbing up the hill.

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
sparkie said:
Morgan-Chris R. is going and I am trying to get Andy out.
Ah, it took me a minute to figure it out. I know who sparkie is!

Yeah, bring those guys. It's hecka fun.

Man that creek crossing is gonna be special.

I ran out of food and water last year, gonna bring more treats and a 3rd bottle.

Morgan

·
Registered
125 Posts
Faster ?

norton55 said:
Sooo .... is that faster ? And, would it be considered cutting the course ?

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
So how did you guys do? I looked at the results and it appeared many suffered. Not sure if folks were going race speed but with half the field finishing in over 3:30 thats gotta hurt!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts