Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Be stealth. Be fast and out run them. There are so many trails back there that you should not be near any road they may be on.

jps

bikerkk said:
Anyone (Breakouts?) having any problems with Rangers on Granite Bay night rides? I would like to ride it but was stopped twice last year at the "beach".

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
We get hassled once in a while. Just be nice, play stupid and say you'll never do it again :rolleyes:

I think what we've been told is the American River Bike Trail east of the Hazel Bridge is "closed" after 7pm this time of year, as are dirt trails in Granite Bay. Pretty fricking lame, quite frankly. Makes no sense for bike commuters and outdoor recreation-ites.

Actually saw a ranger driving up the ARBT just east of the Folsom Bridge last week (around 8:30pm)... he was yapping something on his megaphone :nono: ... we just kept pedaling.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Seems to vary from day to day and who's on shift. I've had many positive ranger encounters after dark, one ranger used his spotlight to point out the trail when I missed a turn. Mostly their just sweeping to get the cars out. I've also been yapped at over the megaphone a few times. Be stealth, be swift, be nice, hopefully the tolerance will continue.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys

Sounds like what I've be doing. I heard of rumers of 275.00 dollar tickets, but fiqured it was "folk lore". Once "the man" sees I'm 40ish and self suported they normaly go on their way. Thanks for the input.:thumbsup:

·
Die trying, not watching.
120 Posts
I was riding GB just as the sun went down yesterday and, for the first time in the years I've been riding there, saw a ranger patrolling in a jeep. He came right for me but I took off down a side trail that he could not follow. I did not see him again.
Once last year, there was a ranger bellowing something though a megaphone like "the park is closed" but he did not come after our obvious lights.
I am riding there tonight. If I get caught by a ranger, I will post tomorrow.

·
Die trying, not watching.
120 Posts
No Rangers In Sight

My wife and I rode GB last night - no sign of a ranger. Saw about 5-6 other riders on the trails. I had a brief scare - two riders were side by side on the trail, both had helmet lights on and one had a bar light. From a distance I thought it was jeep with a roof light. I began to look for a side trail to bail on but then the left "headlight" collapsed into the right, and I figured out was going on.
:D

·
Registered
341 Posts
So loomis...

Are you from Loomis? :skep:

When ya'all are riding at GB, are you on the old horse trails? I grew up in a community off of Auburn Folsom Road, riding to GB was routine back in the late 70's and early 80's. Only been out there once thus far on my MTB.

Just curious. Guess after I volunteer for one of the TBF "MTB Challenge" races I won't have to wonder anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.