Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Granite Basin open this time of year, or did it get snow from the last storm. I was thinking of taking my 13 y/o up to ride it next week. Can't think of a better trail for him to get hooked on riding. If it is open, what are temps mid day?

·
Registered
544 Posts
fiveo said:
Is Granite Basin open this time of year, or did it get snow from the last storm. I was thinking of taking my 13 y/o up to ride it next week. Can't think of a better trail for him to get hooked on riding. If it is open, what are temps mid day?
Fiveo - there's going to be snow after this last storm. I haven't been out there for a week or so, Beersnob was out there after the last storm and had a hard time riding. You want to stay clear of the upper section of 347 going up from Cayuse...the mud mixed with granite chunks really, really sux's!

I rode Dells/Peavine/Lakeshore a couple of days ago and was great! Not sure it would good for your 13 y.o unless you spent some time on the tech stuff. Iron King/Peavine is not technical at all, but might be a fairly dry scenic option. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the heads up guys. Im thinking will hit trail 100 here at home. I just love the roller coaster trail up there. Will go in spring. Besides wiffy is no longer pregnant and wants her Reign back, thats been on loan to her son.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,771 Posts
Granite basin is one of the most ridable areas after a storm. Know and avoid the death mud areas, 347, anything around the Williamson Valley Trailhead, and a few short sections at the top of 346. Otherwise, it's mostly sand and drains pretty well. I rode 305 a few days ago and it was pretty marginal in areas. I would say that if you catch it early in the morning while it's frozen it's probably best, but later on some areas get pretty muddy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.