Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On July 4th, 2004, Alex "Grande" Ghenis fractured his neck in three places after landing a bicycle jump inproperly.

He was rushed to the Santa Clara Valley Hospital ER, and was later admitted into the ICU for the night.

Originally Grande could not feel anything below his neck. Over the next couple of months he regained some feeling in his arms, hands, neck, and head. He can also move his shoulders and extend his arms but can not move his fingers well. Alex is able to drive (he has a specialized van that enables him to get around.)

Alex is an incredible person and has kept his spirits up through this unfortunate event. Please help us support him by participating in the raffle.

Please buy as many tickets as you can to support a fallen rider... You do NOT have to be present at the raffle to win so even if you are not local, purchase tickets.

Mods, Sticky?

www.thegranderaffle.com

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
yeah it has all the info on the site guys. they are auctioning off some sweet stuff. a free frames from soul, some guides from gamut, hats, t-shirts, everything. if you can it would be dope if we could meet up for the ride too. it would be great to see a whole bunch of mtbr guys out there. all the info is on the site, but we will be riding at pacifica with the raffle and BBQ to follow.
thanks for posting this dk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Alex is a great friend and was one of my favorite riding partners. I'll sticky this over at pinkbike and if you haven't put it up at ridemonkey I'm sure they would help.

This guy is one of the nicest kids and friendliest riders ever, he's had a tough time since his accident and needs the support, if not financial then at least emotional.

Ryan

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
Roaming Oregon said:
I vote for sticky.
Pdirt- how Mick doing? Haven't heard anything in awhile.
Mick is riding a road bike! That's what I heard, I haven't seen him in a while, but that is GREAT news to hear.

FYI- ALL- I PM'd Gregg to ask for a sticky... maybe Zedro can do that, as well?

I got an email from Grande a while back, not sure how his spirits are, but I want to do whataver there is to do just to let him know the community cares about what happened to him.

Looks like Kdawg tagged RM already...

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1546492#post1546492

Go bump it if ya get a chance...

·
is down to roll...
727 Posts
If you are in the East Bay Area I can meet to sell tickets (mainly Walnut Creek, Concord, San Ramon, Pleasant Hill, Lafayette, Antioch, Pittsburg). We also have organizers in the Mountain View & Palo Alto areas that can sell raffle and BBQ tickets.

Thanks,
East Bay Rich

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just donated...

East Bay Rich said:
If you are in the East Bay Area I can meet to sell tickets (mainly Walnut Creek, Concord, San Ramon, Pleasant Hill, Lafayette, Antioch, Pittsburg). We also have organizers in the Mountain View & Palo Alto areas that can sell raffle and BBQ tickets.

Thanks,
East Bay Rich
Don't know if I can make the ride but best wishes him and family and speedy recovery to Grande.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.