Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Keep the rubberside down
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out today for a long awaited ride. Started off feeling slightly over my head, got passed by two bikers who I caught back up with on the climb, helped move a good sized log off the trail. They booked off and after I crossed the road, I met one coming back as I was cutting another tree out of the trail. This trail always kicks my butt, but the real butt kicking was going to be on the return trip. As I was decending into the swamp area I met the other rider. (PS it was good talking with you both) I kept going and made my way thru the swamp, then up to the boardwalk (great work - that'll be nice when it gets finished). Next I rode around Duthie and back to the entrance of GR. I got hailed, rain, sunshine today - the whole gammut of weather. On the way back thru the swamp I met a guy who claimed he'd left Issaquah 40 minutes previously - if that's true that's some serious jamming. I was just starting the uphill climb out of there, the serious butt kicking....I had to walk a series of switchbacks because the mud was ferocious and I was sucking some serious wind. Then I just willed myself back on the bike and up the trail, pretty soon I was at the "clay bank" and climbing back out of the last part towards the road crossing the next section was a freaking blast, rocketing back down the hill. Making all that climbing well worth while. Back to the parking area, my bike was plastered with mud, and I had a huge grin and my legs although burning, felt great.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Nice.

I was there on Sunday. Figured out the High School Trail option, went as far as the bog, then turned around and headed back.

Even starting at the dirt parking area off the Sunset exit and taking the simplest route, 40 minutes sounds like pushing it. Something to work on. ;)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Ran into about 10 others last night, really liked the lights on the dogs.
Last part down to the bog is very muddy and slick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts