Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ventured into either of these areas recently to check the mud and slop factor?

Thanks!

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
From what I've heard (this is secondhand info):

Turkey Flats - Mud, bugs, bogs, and lots of downed trees....
Grand Mesa - Snow, snow, and snowy mud...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying and I'll await updates. Might try to keep this thread alive since the rising thermometer down here in the valley is making long for cooler elevations. Bugs and downed trees I can deal with. The bugs can't be any worse than the swarm of no-see-ums we ran into on the Burn last Saturday. Above the ankles my legs still look like hamburger. Absolutely the worst bites I have had, and I've been dive bombed by helicopter sized mosquitoes in the backcountry. Damn things itch to no end. BS I tell ya. Bugs of Satan. :madmax:

·
Registered
305 Posts

Rode on Glade Park last night. INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL. It's more green than I've ever seen it.

Route: Res 1 - Ridge - Haypress - T-flats out - T-flats back - Haypress and back to my truck

Res 1 - Good n' dry and no trees down

Ridge - Dry

Upper Haypress: Good - a few trees down, I moved as much as I could but still needs a saw.

Middle Haypress: Trees and Mud

T-Flats: Good n' dry and only a couple trees down. It's in great shape.

Lower Haypress: Dry with a few downed trees.

The muddy spots are drying out quick, But Middle Haypress really needs some work. Just a few water diversion bars would do the trick as there's one main source for all the water running down the trail.

Oh yeah, and Noah is right about the bugs. Think Grand Mesa in July. Worse than I've ever seen on Glade Park. Take your spray.

Overall, it was great. Only about 100 yards of really bad mud. Have fun!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Glade Park is a go

Spent 7 hours on Saturday riding and logging on Turkey/Haypress/Res1. Cleared 29 trees from the trails. All that remain are about 4 or 5 (all on Haypress) that were too big for my saw. Middle Haypress is still wet, but it's drying out in a hurry. Time to party. :D

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
SPEEDMONKEY said:
Spent 7 hours on Saturday riding and logging on Turkey/Haypress/Res1. Cleared 29 trees from the trails. All that remain are about 4 or 5 (all on Haypress) that were too big for my saw. Middle Haypress is still wet, but it's drying out in a hurry. Time to party. :D
Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We'll just have to start calling you Paul Bunyon.

Big thanks for all your, and your partner's hard work! I guess I need to head up there and admire some that work. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.