Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any trails rideable right now? If so which ones and can i get some direction. im here in gunnison and there is just too much snow. i want to ride my bike!!!

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
singletrack said:
No riding here for a while longer. Today was warmish, which means even more mud. Go to Moab.
whatdya locals think of by the first week of march?

i'll be heading across the zion curtain, but usually like to hit a ride or two over western slope way on the way over/on the way back.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i have to drive there from Gunnison, its like a 4 hr drive but its work it. I think since GJ probably wont be dry by saturday i will go to Moab Again. Ride Amasa and Chili again.

·
Registered
511 Posts
FINALLY! First ride of the season TODAY!

But, it was on my road bike, on paved roads/trails. Temps here in GJ were mid-50s today, and since I just got home from a business trip last night, a ride today was PERFECT.

Other recent trail updates are still very accurate, IMHO. It's still way too muddy to ride off-road, unless you wish to ruin the trails by leaving deep ruts in the deep mud.

More rain/snow predicted for next week.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is that time of year for mud at GJ and Loma. I will be going out to Loma/Highline State Park this week. I will take a look. 2 weeks ago I went to Fruita and just rode around the camp area and looked at Kessels Loop. It was a mud fest. If we have a lot of late winter early spring sun it should dry out fast. We have had a more moisture this winter than last so it may be a slower dry out.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i rode in white water today off of C 141 south. its was all dry where we rode. seeing how it was my first time we just hiked the jeep trails. Is there a way to shuttle that ride with out using the jeep trails? like is there a pull off farther up 141 south where we can unload and ride to the bottom entrance where you cross the little creek?

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks a lot man. after looking at this map i think we just did that jeep trail off of 141. this should help for next weekend.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.