Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently planning on taking my family to Moab Easter weekend (Thur thru Mon) and was wondering about Fruita/Grand Junction instead. I know the locale mountain biking is vast enough to keep those of us that ride entertained on the bike but what about non-biking activities for the rest of the family?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Fiery Furnace in Arches Park is a really great hike with kids, it is guided and you would need to sign up. The sand hill across from Arches entrance is popular with kids as well. Moab has several nice parks, including the one with all the musical "type" stuff. It is not too far from the road leading to Slick Rock.
Fruita has the Dinosaur Museum, and Rustlers Loop is a pretty good ride with kids, if they are into that.
Good luck, I think you'll be able to find things to keep the kids entertained.

·
pusher of buttons
52 Posts
The great thing about GJ/Fruita is you are a day trip away from Moab without the expensive hotel costs etc. You can get a house rental through Fruita Crashpad for the cost of some hotels there. Plenty of mtb for kids such as Rustlers loop or Kessell run.
By the mall you Bananas which is a kids park. Dinosaur Park in Fruita. Plenty to do.

And don't forget, real beer.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Dinosaur Museum, Bananas fun center, Fruita Rec center (pool), Ice skating, hiking/biking, Downtown GJ, parks, mall, national monument, Cross Orchards, Moon Farm, Math and Science Center, winery tours, etc, etc.....

Plenty to keep the family interested.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Dinosaur Museum, Bananas fun center, Fruita Rec center (pool), Ice skating, hiking/biking, Downtown GJ, parks, mall, national monument, Cross Orchards, Moon Farm, Math and Science Center, winery tours, etc, etc.....

Plenty to keep the family interested.
not to derail the topic, but how is the dino museum? I've always seen the sign for it and wondered about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.