Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you do after a good day of riding the fine trails of GJ? Post pics of course.

What - you weren't expecting that we'd be sitting around in a hotel room watching American Chopper, were you?

I'd do a write up, but who reads those anyhow?

Here's some pics:
I wheelied the whole length of the new section of Holy Cross trail.

Josh (s1ngletrack) was having steering issues and luckily this [email protected] rock stopped him from falling of a [email protected] cliff.

A seagull's-eye view:

This was a pretty sweet move: Josh is actually riding *up* the hill backwards in this picture... Rare picture of the elusive "reverse manual"

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey - more pics here

In a desparate attempt to draw more women to the Front Range forum, here's a shot for the ladies with some BIG WOOD.

Lance Canfield stood back in awe and watched me huck off this monster as I showed him how it was done. Just kidding, I crashed and broke both of my legs right after this photo was taken.

I told Josh that he needed to stiffen his spring after lunch but he wouldn't listen to me and just rode with it bottomed for the rest of the day...

I'm not really sure exactly what's going on in this picture...

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
A Post Whore's work is never done...

Some highlights from today's ride - more pics tommorrow when I'm among the living again.

1. Warming up for the day's festivities.

2. The man, Joel (singletrack) - without whom I would've found myself brakeless and at the mercy of a guidebook.

3. Grandmaster Grant, three minutes out of the car - really.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
1. Joel going for broke on a section that is way tougher than any picture can convey.

2. Me on the upper portion of the same section.

3. Mason (Mango) after trying a very steep, slick drop in - sorry Mason, I had to post the pic - the look on your face is priceless...

Attachments

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Sweet. It was good riding with all yinz. It was pretty cool to actually meet IRL as well. It's a funny thing, this intra-web.

I didn't take many pics, and only these two really turned out well:

1. It was really, really foggy at the top.

2. A fraction of second later than the other pic / with more scenery.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
.thumper. "This was a pretty sweet move: Josh is actually riding *up* the hill backwards in this picture... Rare picture of the elusive "reverse manual"

I'm doubly super impressed with that skill shot. Manualling uphill riding backwards! Obviously there's no freehub on that rig. Sweet! A freeride fixie! I'm humbled...I'm not worthy (neither is my AC1)...

Great shots all.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
bikeCOLORADO said:
.thumper. "This was a pretty sweet move: Josh is actually riding *up* the hill backwards in this picture... Rare picture of the elusive "reverse manual"

I'm doubly super impressed with that skill shot. Manualling uphill riding backwards! Obviously there's no freehub on that rig. Sweet! A freeride fixie! I'm humbled...I'm not worthy (neither is my AC1)...

Great shots all.
Ahhh...another rider familiar with the technical nuances of the "reverse manual". The thing not immediately obvious in the picture is the fact that my bike - being a fixie and all - requires that the rider actually unclip and kick his feet out to the sides of the spinning cranks once the move is initiated, riding and hopping whilst clenching the seat with his buttocks before re-engaging the pedals at the end - for the move to technically be considered a "manual". :eek: ;)

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Jeez... You guys sure know how to post some pics...

So... Is there a recommended route over there on the 'watch? I've only been there twice, and sorta wandered around and rode bikes...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Debaser said:
Jeez... You guys sure know how to post some pics...

So... Is there a recommended route over there on the 'watch? I've only been there twice, and sorta wandered around and rode bikes...
Yes, there are recommended routes out there, but we don't know them and were lucky enough for some local guides. That would be my recommendation. But to try to answer your question, we shuttled to the top of The Ribbon, then climbed out on a trail that no one seemed to know the name of to the road then to Eagle's Nest and the top of Eagle's Wing. That's where we ran into some rain and basically got down as fast as we could and were unable to really hit any more of the stunts or take pictures because everything became insta-goo.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.