Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jackass
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I signed up with Bikerpelli to ride the kokopelli trail this may. I had planed on doing this ride two years ago, but life intervened in the most dramatic fashion, and so now I'm finally getting around to doing this ride. I'm supper stoked to be going and am hoping to avoid any sort of similar incidents this year. I plan on getting some maps/quide book but was also wondering if any one here has done the ride before and might have a GPS file they would be willing to share? Please PM me if you do.
Thanks!

·
Jackass
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
big_slacker said:
I was gonna give you **** for riding a scooter and calling it a motorcycle but how can you after the rest of that thread..... Wow.

Good luck with the ride.
LOL, you'd hardly be the first. In my defense I did have to take the Motorcycle saftey course, on a real motorcycle, and I passed just fine thank you very much. :p

Skiahh, I'm doing the second trip. My birthday is the 15th of may so I took the trip closest to my Birthday. I did get some GPS files and If you PM me with your e-mail I'd be happy to forward them on to you.

Thank you to all who replied.

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
I took that class as well. 10% off insurance and playing on 250's for a couple days. Cool! Scooters scare the crap out of me though. You're got all the exposure of a motorcycle but you're missing the awesome acceleration and braking. I guess thats how harleys are as well now that I think about it! :D

I'm a full time sportbike rider (No car) and something like what happened to you is the risk. You can do everything right and someone just runs a red or blows a stop sign and your life changes. Are you still out there or sticking to the trails now?

pesqueeb said:
LOL, you'd hardly be the first. In my defense I did have to take the Motorcycle saftey course, on a real motorcycle, and I passed just fine thank you very much. :p

Skiahh, I'm doing the second trip. My birthday is the 15th of may so I took the trip closest to my Birthday. I did get some GPS files and If you PM me with your e-mail I'd be happy to forward them on to you.

Thank you to all who replied.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
No GPS, but I did the ride last year.

I did the Bikerpelli trip last year. A group of 4 of us flew down from Toronto to ride in Fruita/Moab for a few days and then finished up with the Bikerpelli trip. We went on the second trip and by all accounts the weather was a big improvement over week 1.

I posted a trip report / ride report of my new Misfit SS 29er here:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=415444 (photo heavy)

Also, misc photos here:
http://flickr.com/photos/negativespace/sets/72157605025830590/

The trip is AWESOME, although I thought the food left something to be desired (the bacon was like cardboard), but others seem to really enjoy the meals so it may have just been me (or the fact that I was constipated for 5 days by the end of the trip...too much info?)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.