Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am wondering what I should sell my '01 Kona Nunu for... It is pretty much stock except for a deore crankset and rings, an XT rear cassette, new chain, and a Profile carbon riser bar. The only thing it needs is new shifter pods.. (LX rear der. and STX-RC front der.) It was $1100 CDN new, + the few upgrades... Now I know it's not worth a ton, but it's better than some of those Canadian Tire/Walmart POS's that are like $350 CDN... So I'm not sure and am looking for advice... I didn't want to put it in the Classifieds yet as I don't have any pics, but if someone reads this and is interested, PM me...or reply here. Thanks.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Don't expect much...

vhawk12 said:
Hi guys, I am wondering what I should sell my '01 Kona Nunu for... It is pretty much stock except for a deore crankset and rings, an XT rear cassette, new chain, and a Profile carbon riser bar. The only thing it needs is new shifter pods.. (LX rear der. and STX-RC front der.) It was $1100 CDN new, + the few upgrades... Now I know it's not worth a ton, but it's better than some of those Canadian Tire/Walmart POS's that are like $350 CDN... So I'm not sure and am looking for advice... I didn't want to put it in the Classifieds yet as I don't have any pics, but if someone reads this and is interested, PM me...or reply here. Thanks.
The 2006 bikes come out in August, making your bike 5 years old. If you find the right buyer, you may be able to get $400-$500 out of it. While you're quite correct that it's better than a CA Tire bike, the difference is that CA Tire bikes are new. The 2001 CA Tire bike is worth about $5 at a garage sale. So it's all relative.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but bikes don't retain a lot of value unless it a higher end model.

Ken

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
even high end bikes don't retain value. I tried to sell a decked out NRS 1 and people were low balling me. I parted it out, which worked out better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ken in KC said:
The 2006 bikes come out in August, making your bike 5 years old. If you find the right buyer, you may be able to get $400-$500 out of it. While you're quite correct that it's better than a CA Tire bike, the difference is that CA Tire bikes are new. The 2001 CA Tire bike is worth about $5 at a garage sale. So it's all relative.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but bikes don't retain a lot of value unless it a higher end model.

Ken
Ya, $400-$500 would be ideal, I wouldn't expect much more than that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.