Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Casting call for folks that have some clue about trail work or just want to help. Microsoft is providing some 50 bodies this Friday and most usually have no idea what mountain bikers are looking for in a trail. Looking for 3-4 people to "guide" some of these energetic folks from about 10-2:30 or so. Hard to manage 4-5 small work groups solo. PM or just show up of you can. Our group will be working on SW XC (Movin' On) but I know Mike wants to also knock out the new Ryan's walk up as well as other projects. Lunch provided.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Didn't get nearly as many people as we expected we would. Tried to get to as many "issues" as possible though. Due to the dry weather, I'm not so sure much of the Movin' On re-work will pack well for a while. Will be adding more blocks for tread on the log rollover. Otherwise, any feedback on how any of the new fixes are rolling?

New Ryan's walk up got lots of work though.

·
widebody
197 Posts
So Bob, what is the Alaskan cedar for over on the SW loop? Scupper? I rode through there on Saturday morning. I agree the re-work patches will need some rain to pack down, otherwide(otherwise) it was all good. I was wondering why Ryan's walk up needed work until I noticed where the peeps have been cutting the trail, avoiding the drop in feature.

·
Last word is all yours...
1,091 Posts
I think the plan is that the existing walk up for Ryan's and Big Tree is being converted into a beginner flow line and a new walk up is being cut to access all three.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SSUMO: The next feature on the line. A longer, wider, lower, intermediate "roller coaster". Still need to clean up after the other one and move the rest of the dimentional lumber up-trail to the next site if anyone has time this week to do so. (Leave the split cedar there please.)

Gonna use the old mini-drain bridge as a scupper on that right to left climbing sweeper though. Just need Mike to set it.

Yes, "old" walk up will be a mini-flow line. Not sure what exactly it will have on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts