Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
donkey
263 Posts
I've got salsa Delgados on my 26" ss, and i love them. I've heard great things about the 29er edition too. They're a little wider than other xc weight rims, which allows for a wider tire footprint. It also lets you run a bigger tire w/ less risk of it folding over. If you've got a rigid fork and want a big squishy tire, delgados are a good bet.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Lots of new options...

I second the vote to buck the trend...do something different. The new Velocity rims look promising, but the new Stans rims look like they will be pretty bomber....guess it really depends on how you ride, and about 50 other things.

Are you going to build them yourself?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am in the same spot looking for the right rims.
I looked at all of the bikes posted in the "lurkers share the wealth" thread and another thread where guys post pic'c of their bikes. I saw mostly Salsa delgado corss and disc rims.
I wish there were more reviews on 29er rims in the products side of this site.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,709 Posts
How about Halo Freedom Disc rims ?

Burlier rim than the Salsa but similar width.

I think speedhub Nate has built some up (with a Rohloff) and likes them (should be able to find with the `search` as he did post a thread about them).

Better for the more `substantially built` rider I believe ! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.