Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So works been slow this week, so I took a half day yesterday and took today off. I spent a couple of hours at Bonelli both yesterday and today. First trip(s) to Bonelli, and first time(s) having my Talon in the dirt. Sorry for the crappy pics, but as you can see the weather man was off by a bit when he was calling for rain

Reactions: Hawgzilla

·
IPA tester
1,317 Posts
AndrewS85:
Is there any single track trails or is everything fireroads?

***"FIREROADS ARE NOT TRAILS"***

Every land manager & ranger need to learn this^^^^

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is some single track stuff. I found a couple that I had fun on. I was talking to a guy I ran into (figuratively) and according to him most of the single track stuff is on the west side of the lake. Next time I go I'm taking a map for sure.

·
IPA tester
1,317 Posts
My son is doing an event there this Saturday and I might check out what they have. Thanks

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Hey Andrew, I see you made it ! pretty fun park some are really hard rocky DH's but nice views and a good work out all the way around.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
AndrewS85:
Is there any single track trails or is everything fireroads?

***"FIREROADS ARE NOT TRAILS"***

Every land manager & ranger need to learn this^^^^
Dirtrider127 - If you are in the area you can check out Carbon Cyn near Brea - That's if you haven't already been there - but lot of fun singletraks there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Andrew, I see you made it ! pretty fun park some are really hard rocky DH's but nice views and a good work out all the way around.
Sure did, and I had a great time! I'm looking forward to going back to do some more exploring.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My son is doing an event there this Saturday and I might check out what they have. Thanks
An other local spot you might think about checking is Webb canyon. I've never been but I've heard great things, and its not very far at all.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
If your in the Bonelli park area, have you ridden Marshall Canyon/ Claremont Wilderness Park(3 miles northeast of Bonelli)yet?
IMO, MC/ CWP have a lot better riding them Bonelli, but also is more crowded with wannabe hikers.
I used to live in La Verne ( live in Big Bear currently)from the 60's-90's, those were both my local trails, the last time I rode MC/CWP, it was so crowded, back in the day you were lucky to see another person up there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've done both, they're really fun. I only ride them if I can get some riding in during the week, because like you said the amount of hikers is ridiculous

1 - 10 of 10 Posts