Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story: Ordered a wheel last night with next day shipping because I really needed it but didn't come the next day, came two days later. Ok, no big deal, still have it for the weekend. Then I discover it's the wrong hub, I ordered an XT disc hub, 6 bolt and it came with an XT centerlock hub which I can't use so I check my order confirm and it says XT 6 bolt disc hub. So I return the item and don't order a replacement as I don't really need it anymore. Yesterday I look at my credit card and discover I was charged $170 dollars for a $145 dollar purchase. I called this morning and was informed that the extra charge was for oversize shipping, this charge wasn't stated on my bill, order confirm, or anywhere else that I could find. I sent the wheel back the same exact way it was sent to me, overnight shipping, in the same box and it cost $11. So why all the extra charges for shipping? They can't answer this question and won't refund me any of the shipping charges so I'm out like 65 dollars in just shipping because they sent me the wrong item. I have spent a lot of money at performance over the years and needless to say I won't be spending anymore, looks like Jenson gets my business from now on. Has anyone else been screwed by Performance, post your stories here.

burger

·
Registered
335 Posts
i would call your credit card company get the charge reversed...sounds like fraud. I saw a similliar thread on here not long ago...also they should pay shipping for return..as it was their fault..mispick whatever.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
total BS. you guys both agreed to a price and additional shipping charges cannot be added after the transaction. Contact your CC and have charge reversed.

·
rbtm member
888 Posts
FrontRanger said:
total BS. you guys both agreed to a price and additional shipping charges cannot be added after the transaction. Contact your CC and have charge reversed.
Make sure you have all charges reversed, not just the additional shipping. If you were sent something you didn't order, you are liable for zero. In fact, I'd even try to get your CC company to recover the $11 you spent to send it back. Make sure you keep everything related to the transaction (receipts, tracking/delivery information, etc...)

·
Cheesiest
1,607 Posts
I hope I don't get screwed either. I ordered a Manitou Black Platinum, but they sent me a Black Elite and sold out of the Platinums. I am waiting for them to credit me. They are going to s*(t.

Good luck with them. The CS reps have been useless to me. :mad:

·
Registered
210 Posts
From performancebike.com:
-----
Returns

Performance guarantees satisfaction with every product we sell. If an item does not meet your expectation, please follow these procedures to insure a prompt replacement, refund, or credit:
Using a good carton, return package via insured US Mail or other Parcel Carrier of your choice. (Performance will refund the actual ground shipping costs to return damaged merchandise or to return merchandise due to a mis-shipment).
Complete the returns form on the back of your packing slip. If you do not have your packing slip, please include a note stating purchaser's name, address and approximate date of purchase.
Send returns to: PBS Returns Dept., One Performance Way, Chapel Hill, NC 27514-2741 (we do not accept CODs).
Keep a record of shipment until you have received credit or replacement merchandise.
For additional information on our return policies, please contact our Customer Service department at 800-727-2433, or e-mail us at [email protected].
-----
So their freaking policy even says they'll refund shipping. I'd inform them of this and give them one last shot before I called my credit card company, explained everything, and then notify the Business Bureau. Don't just lay down and take it. They screwed up and now they're trying to cover themselves hoping you're too meek to do anything. You're completely in the right.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Be safer on the net

Use SHOPSAFE (with MBNA Mastercard). It generates a unique card number for every purchase and you set the charge limit and expiration date. I set the charge limit to the next round number of my purchase. This also guarantees that trial subscriptions, etc. will not renew unless I say so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts