Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have pink bikes or are just a bit off and want pink brake housing, I bought up some NOS bike shop parts and found this in the stuff. I have a coil of about 30' of pink brake housing.

Please form an orderly demented line (ladies first). I'll cut it up and send it out to my fellow SSrs until it's gone. First come first served, please measure carefully, so we don't waste this rare ugly comodity. PM me if you want some, Matt

I'll cover the postage, just remember me in your wills, or your prayers, either will work

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
You can still get pink housing.... and grips... and chians... etc. It is cool that you are doing that, dont get me wrong. I dont want to post sounding mean. The probelm with trying to find pink parts is looking in the wrong places. Go to a shop more focused on bmx and they can hook you up. Now if you had some purple housing...

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know

williamf777 said:
Does the housing require a 6mm ferrule (sp) ?
I did not plan to use it so I have not inspected it other than to see that it was for brakes not shifters. It looks like normal diameter, do you need me to put a micrometer on it :confused:

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somewhat but not really

SpinWheelz said:
Brake housing and derailleur housing aren't interchangable, are they? If they were, I'd score a length for wifey's new pink and white cruiser!
The brake cable is fatter than the derailleur cable. You can use brake housing for shifters in a pinch, but it's not ideal. I don't know if brake cable would even fit in shift cable housing.

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's gone

After I cut what is already spoken for, I'll post whats left. There may be enough for one small bike with interupted rear cable run.

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still have some left

There is at least enough left for an un-interupeted cable run on a large bike. Maybe enough for two if interupted. Those of you who already spoke up will have your housing by Wednesday, I cut it and packed it tonight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.