Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little bro just decided he wanted to stop mtn biking( it was probably for the best, wasnt a big risk taker,more in to traditional sports).he let me have his p2 .my problem is i can either keep it as the stock p-2
or transfer all the parts over to a norco manik frame i have sitting around. im looking to build a dirt jumper since i already have a dh bike. one thing i dont like about the p2 two is that it is the short frame model. and i like the length o the manik. what should i do?:confused:

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
If you like the Manik frame more, then swap the parts over. The Manik frame is more a freeride hardtail than a dirtjumper. You may run into issues with the bottom bracket being a different width, or the steerer being too short for the new frame though. So take that into consideration. Worse comes to worst, if you swap the parts over and don't like it, you can always swap them back.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You also might get used to the shorter p.2 and like it. It's often better to have a smaller, shorter bike for dirtjumpin, so its more flickalbe. You might as well ride the bike as it is for now, then if ya dont like it, switch the parts over. Better than switchin the parts to the Manik, then switching them back again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.