Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i had finally had enough of the crappy stock suntour that came on my P1 and had my lbs order me a rockshox Recon race 120mm and man is it an amazing upgrade i love it the feel and adjustment is a night and day difference.
now at the same time i kept having to get my rims trued after almost every ride so we talked about it at my lbs and the owner told me he had a set of mavic deetracks in stock and man are these rims sick not only do they look sick they are very stiff and strong i now love the way my bike rides it made today much more enjoyable on the trails :thumbsup:
BEFORE

AFTER

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i love them very stiff and much lighter imo but i wanna weigh them here soon

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the mavics retail for 500 but i got a great deal from my lbs and ended up paying 300 for them so i couldnt turn it down

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
biggoofy1 said:
the mavics retail for 500 but i got a great deal from my lbs and ended up paying 300 for them so i couldnt turn it down
that is a sick deal i may look in to those. did you need a 20 mm axel or just a normal quick release skewer?

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the new fork is a 20mm axle so thats the other reason i needed new wheels and these have an adapter for running a standard QR i do believe but i love my 20mm i no longer have to worry about hurting my tiny axle the only down side is removing the front wheel is no longer the fastest thing lol

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
biggoofy1 said:
the new fork is a 20mm axle so thats the other reason i needed new wheels and these have an adapter for running a standard QR i do believe but i love my 20mm i no longer have to worry about hurting my tiny axle the only down side is removing the front wheel is no longer the fastest thing lol
only reason i ask is because i have a older recon that is a quick release. but any way thanks for the help enjoy the up grades

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man it rides 1000x's better once I get my new seat and post ill be happy as far as ridability but it still needs better brakes so ill see how it goes I can't wait to get it finished

·
Live Now, Pay Later
124 Posts
Get those strokers from Jenson, can't beat that sale price! Dunno what to tell ya about the seat...

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
biggoofy1 said:
Man it rides 1000x's better once I get my new seat and post ill be happy as far as ridability but it still needs better brakes so ill see how it goes I can't wait to get it finished
for a seats the only way to go is wtb and seat posts if you wanna spend the money you should get a joplin r or some thing similar

·
flying fatass
543 Posts
For the seat, it really depends on preference, but ive seem to have great luck the with WTB SpeedV. I eventually wore mine out (came stock on the bike) and got the SpeedV pro gel. It took a while to break in, but it feels great now. Just a suggestion though.

Besides that, great bike, and yeah upgrading does seem to make it feel even that much better.

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i need a seat post that will push me back im 6'8 so i need all the length i can get and the seat needs 9mm or so rails i bent my rails completely in so i need stronger components

·
local jackass
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that is a remote lock out all it does is allow me to lock out my shock using that switch instead of having to reach down and do it on the fork

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.