Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I waited and was excited to get my xt brakes. what I got looks nothing like any xt brake I have ever seen. These are totally different and A: dont look and where near as cool. and B: the levers are ****. I wanted the nice one finger levers, these are as badd as my avids. In fact they are the same size.

CRC showed the standard xt brakes in there pictures.

I guess these are going back.:(

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish they would have made that clear. Still waiting for a reply from CRC to see where to go from here. I am a one finger braker so I had my heart set on the standard levers. I dont like the look of these ones at all.

CRC pictured the standard levers for all options, so im hopeing they will take care of the shipping back.

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I wish they would have made that clear. Still waiting for a reply from CRC to see where to go from here. I am a one finger braker so I had my heart set on the standard levers. I dont like the look of these ones at all.

CRC pictured the standard levers for all options, so im hopeing they will take care of the shipping back.

Thanks for the link.
I have had a mis-order from CRC before; not the easiest nor most difficult to rectify. At least it was possible.
Sucks to have to wait for the right brakes, again.

·
West Chester, PA
5,009 Posts
Almost all shimano comes from Crc in brown boxes. They are selling oem leftovers, not retail boxed parts (in most cases). That's not always a bad thing, except when you don't get what you wanted or parts are missing. Retail brakes come with a bag of extra hose fittings and the ice tech pads.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
As said, the trekking version of XTs and CRC will take care of you. My first order with them I also ordered XTs, but being they are European, had to wait for the Right-Rear to come in stock and ordered as soon as it did, their stock status was however wrong and it wasn't ins stock and they shipped out the front only. I called and they rectified it and shipped out the proper rear UPS no charge and gave me a $$ gift certificate IIRC. Since then I have ordered at least 5 or 6 times from them and no issues. Curious for alink to the page you got them from, as I was looking to pick up another set for a new build.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Oh WOW, sorry you got them, but also glad you did, because, as you say, that's the only page and the one I'd be ordering from and like you, those levers would be way too long.
I've had no problems with them. I will
Continue to order from them as they do take good care.

Here is the link. Its the only option for xt brakes on the site.
Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake | Chain Reaction Cycles

I order the non finned aspec so I could make them work with my sram shifters(problem solvers).

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I though I saw you post about ordering the xt brakes from CRC. I was waiting to see if you ended up with the same. my guess is one of their buys was offered a deal on these and due to the model numbers being so dam close(one letter I think) caused these to get mixed in with the standard stock.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I figure that they'll be offering them soon at an even deeper discount, as I can't see that those were even close to popular and there's a crap load left about the place - don't know what genius at Shimano thought they'd sell. So maybe I'll pick up a set when they list them for less than SLXs.
So it looks like crc has found the stock issue. They have pulled all the a spec compatible xts from the page. I will have to rig up my sram levers some other way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.