Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
dirt enthusiast
182 Posts
oh la la!

that looks purdy! black sparkle w/purple decals is the color scheme i'm drooling/dreaming about! the "h" is some nice added bling too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very nice pics!I cant wait to get mine, I think Im going with the blue.Lets get some ride reports soon so I can get a better feel for which size I need.Im 5'3" with a 30 inseem and have an older small julianna now,so it looks like I need a small,which they are out of till whio knows when.

·
I see the line
99 Posts
Same here. Looks like mine will arrive on Friday according to the tracking number. If it arrives early enough on Friday, I will be out the door with my new Syren on Saturday morning for a test ride. It is all exciting.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So how many of you all are going to build it yourself?Im thinking about just getting one of their build kits since they seem to have mostly good parts and $1250 is not that bad ,compared to what I would pay for everything else after shipping and tax.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
SpecRider96 said:
So how many of you all are going to build it yourself?Im thinking about just getting one of their build kits since they seem to have mostly good parts and $1250 is not that bad ,compared to what I would pay for everything else after shipping and tax.
I'm building mine myself. I know the build kits look pretty good but enough specific parts I wanted to use that I figured it made sense to just build it. This is the first bike I've done that with, so I'm excited to get the frame and put everything together! :

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey connie, are you by any chance using smaller bars/grips?I have an extra set of the wylder bars and grips that Im going to be putting on my Syren ,and I was wondering if you or anyone else here knows of a smaller diameter lock on grip.I know Titec makes the hellcat stuff which is smaller but they dont have lock on grips.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
SpecRider96 said:
Hey connie, are you by any chance using smaller bars/grips?I have an extra set of the wylder bars and grips that Im going to be putting on my Syren ,and I was wondering if you or anyone else here knows of a smaller diameter lock on grip.I know Titec makes the hellcat stuff which is smaller but they dont have lock on grips.
Nope, just regular sized ODI Ruffian's for me. Though, my hands fit in men's medium sized gloves so I guess grips must be generically sized to my hands anyway. You'd think someone would make lock ons for smaller bars?

·
I see the line
99 Posts
My friend mechanic had a great difficulty with Syren over the weekend. So, my Syren is unfinished for now. We have to get a new shock... bummer. We especially had a difficult time fitting the XT or XTR front derailleur due to Syren's E-type deal plus the seatpost design. It looks like I won't be able to have a chain guide... Anyway, I am waiting for a different Marzocchi Roco. But, here is my Syren on hold.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
mtb888 said:
My friend mechanic had a great difficulty with Syren over the weekend. So, my Syren is unfinished for now. We have to get a new shock... bummer. We especially had a difficult time fitting the XT or XTR front derailleur due to Syren's E-type deal plus the seatpost design. It looks like I won't be able to have a chain guide... Anyway, I am waiting for a different Marzocchi Roco. But, here is my Syren on hold.
Bummer. Did you have an e-type front derailleur and it still won't work with a chainguide?

I'm not using a front derailleur... hopefully I won't run into chainguide issues. I'm still waiting on a few other parts to show up now, so I haven't gotten mine together yet. My headset should be here tomorrow though and then we can get going. :)

·
I see the line
99 Posts
As long as you are doing the single chain ring, you will be fine with chainguide situation. I am doing two chain rings, so it has become a bit of problem. But it sure is a beautiful bike!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put a e13 drs chain guide on my syren with a e-type derailleur on mine. you just need to be to use the e13 back plate

·
Registered
79 Posts
Build Delay

My build was also delayed due to the e-type DR issue since I went with the dual ring package. I've still been able to ride while waiting for my chainguide by using a product called N-Gear Jump Stop, which is a very simple device that keeps the chain from falling onto the smaller ring and only cost $10.

The bike has been a blast to ride, though I'm still getting the DHX Air dialed in. I'm not posting pics yet since I need to dress the bike up a little first ;) . There is a picture in the Gallery on the Transition site from riding this past weekend though.

I'm really looking forward to hearing ride reviews from all you ladies who purchased the bike without testing and hope you're all as blown away as I was.

·
I see the line
99 Posts
Does any of ladies who have built and ridden Syren with two chainrings have tips for front derailleur shifting issue? Mine wont's shift easily and drags the chain quite a bit. I hear it's the E-type derailleur issue and is difficult to solve... Any suggestions would be very cool. Thanks! Happy riding, ladies.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts