Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got her done Thursday evening and rode it to work friday. Everyone at work LOVED it. Here's my build specs:

16" Pugsley F/F
LArge Marge XC rims
Wheel Smith DB spokes
Surly SS front Hub, Deore rear
Endomorph Tires
XO 11-32 cassette
XT front/rear Derailleur
Sram Grip Shift
Sram Chain
Truvative Crankset
FSA Platinum BB
Hellbent Bar
Easton EA70 Stem 25.4
Cane Creek S3 HS
Lizard Skin Lock On grips shorties
Generic seat post
WTV Speed V saddle
Shimano Deore Disc brakes
Old Bear Trap style pedals

My total weight came out to 34 lbs to my suprise. Loves how she rides and can't wait to get to the trails and ride it.
Will post pictures soon.

P.S.
I am having the worst brake squeal,super loud. I took off the brake pads and sanded them to take the glaze off and it was the same. It's the resin pads from shimano, it came with the brakes. Should I give it time to brake in?

·
Stubby-legged
1,304 Posts
Squelly brakes!

My shimanos squel also. Mainly when they are wet. LBS tried Dawn dish soap on another pair (not my bike) with good results. Straight soap, scrubbed by hand and washed off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here she is my newest addition to the fleet..

http://agapitoman.multiply.com/photos/album/5/My_New_Ride_Surly_Pugsley.

Coastkid, you played a big part on my final decision to go and build the Pugsley. I had my eye on the Pugsley for a while and when I saw your riding videos it convinced me to get one. Hoping to get a new video camera this week to replace my old Samsung sports Video cam and will be doing some ride videos and some cyclocross videos.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i forget how good pugsleys look with out all the extra racks and stuff!
glad i helped you in deciding to get a pug :thumbsup:
theres a film thread on here so be cool if you can make and post some films up :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts