Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the stock RXC kit in large/black with RP23...this thing handles like it is on rails, at least compared to my '09 Blur LT2. I prolly will be selling that soon.

I was pleasantly surprised by the weight: 27.6 lbs (without pedals). After I swapped out my Thomson masterpiece seatpost and Easton Carbon bars from my LT2 it's down to 27 lbs. I may get some new, lighter wheels next year but for now I can't wipe the grin off my face.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm bummed because I got a new one (SPX kit w/ RP23 & 120mm RLC fork) last week, and I haven't been able to ride it yet due to crazy work schedule, child care, and rain.
got the same build and you are gonna love it. Got it about a month and a bit ago. This past week I have been out for 3 rides already, and almost snuck out this afternoon to ride again. But will do so again tomorrow, just can't seem to get enough of this ride.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
got the same build and you are gonna love it. Got it about a month and a bit ago. This past week I have been out for 3 rides already, and almost snuck out this afternoon to ride again. But will do so again tomorrow, just can't seem to get enough of this ride.
I finally got to ride mine. It climbs great, and the handling is a nice balance between quickness and stability. However, it wasn't as plush through the rock gardens as I expected, and it seemed to get hung up on some rocks that my Stumpjumper FSR 29er would roll right over. I realize I'm comparing a 130mm travel bike to a 100mm travel bike, but I did set the Brain on the SJ pretty stiff.

I probably need to get the suspension settings all sorted out. What settings are you using? I weigh about 155 lbs, and I have the shock pressure at 150, rebound 8 clicks out from full slow, and I tried the ProPedal on 1 and 2 and didn't feel much difference between the two. For the 120mm RLC forks, I have the pressure at 70 psi, low-speed compression full soft, lockout force 1 click out from full firm, and rebound 12 clicks out from full slow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.