Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new STP. It's really sweet. I gota do some stuff to it but still like it alot.
Does anyone else have one. If so what do you think of it.
A picture of me hiting a little hip jump.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wish I could have afforded the STP 1, but I did get a STP 3 for only 300. Not bad since I'd probably change parts around on the STP 1 anyway. I love the geometery though, it is a great bike.

Even my hardcore BMX friends were impressed.

JOSH

·
Registered
150 Posts
JOSH130 said:
I wish I could have afforded the STP 1, but I did get a STP 3 for only 300. Not bad since I'd probably change parts around on the STP 1 anyway. I love the geometery though, it is a great bike.

Even my hardcore BMX friends were impressed.

JOSH
go im-pess them BMXers for all us. STP1 is a dope bike. the fork is p.i.m.p. 300 at the lbs for your STP3? thats good. I ordered the STP1 frame from my rep for 50 big ones aand i hope it was worth that much. lol

·
Lone Wolf
164 Posts
My friends STP1

STP's are sweet bikes, wish I could afford on but unfortunately I need an XC bike worse. The AC2 is fun to ride on XC, but sucks when there is lots of climbing. This is my friend Adams bike in front of my AC2

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been a Giant STP 2 owner for a day. Paid $550 plus tax for it. It's a sweet looking bike. And it feels really comfortable to ride. I am itching to take it out on the trails around my home ASAP. The STP1 was too pricey for me and the STP3 did not have the same frame.

Question...Do you think this bike will serve well for extended XC rides? Has anyone taken it for a long duration? I will use it for a ton of cardio training.

Anyone else with an STP2?

So far I've read nothing but good things about the STP line. Ofcourse it's limited because it's so new.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Extended XC use

I have used mine on everything from DJing to xc and even freeride use, I change over the tires depending on what I am doing. It is ok for XC but the cock pit is a little cramped for a LONG ride, I would change the stem maybe if it was gonna stay xc for awhile

·
Registered
97 Posts
gforce said:
I've been a Giant STP 2 owner for a day. Paid $550 plus tax for it. It's a sweet looking bike. And it feels really comfortable to ride. I am itching to take it out on the trails around my home ASAP. The STP1 was too pricey for me and the STP3 did not have the same frame.

Question...Do you think this bike will serve well for extended XC rides? Has anyone taken it for a long duration? I will use it for a ton of cardio training.

Anyone else with an STP2?

So far I've read nothing but good things about the STP line. Ofcourse it's limited because it's so new.
Why not just buy a second bike for XC?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't like to hubs

I've been riding my STP1 for around a month. It rolls out very easy but I don't like the hubs. They come loess all the time for alot of fufanus and back tire tricks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
canada17 said:
I have used mine on everything from DJing to xc and even freeride use, I change over the tires depending on what I am doing. It is ok for XC but the cock pit is a little cramped for a LONG ride, I would change the stem maybe if it was gonna stay xc for awhile
Did you get the regular size (14") or the large (15") STP? I informed the LBS that I will be doing some XC biking on it and he suggested the large. The regular rode a little small to me as well. And I'm 5'8" tall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
MulletsRuleAndSoDoI said:
Why not just buy a second bike for XC?
The same can be said about all my belongings.... maybe a second home on the beach of Hermosa since that will solve my commuting issue.

Not an option right now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A buddy of mine has a STP 2 & he loves it. He is a converted 20"er & he finally got rid of the kids bike. :D I have ridden it & it feels like a great bike. he rips on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts