Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MonsterD I am getting some different pedals asap. Thanks sleeve, I was wanting the blue and white one since I ride yamaha :) but it didn't have blue hubs so I went with the Geico Honda color! Lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha yea I hope so. I take really good care of my stuff and when I do tear up something I do get a little frustrated sometimes! Lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a question about the Suntour XCm forks that are on it. Are they oil filled? Only reason asking is because there is a little bit of oil or grease of the fork tubes from riding it a bit. Surely the fork seals wouldn't be bad already would they? I'm a pro at changing them on my dirtbike, didnt know if this fork had oil or not, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have a question about the Suntour XCm forks that are on it. Are they oil filled? Only reason asking is because there is a little bit of oil or grease of the fork tubes from riding it a bit. Surely the fork seals wouldn't be bad already would they? I'm a pro at changing them on my dirtbike, didnt know if this fork had oil or not, Thanks.
You can find the manuals on this site
XCM V3 HRL 26"

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Congrats man. The last thing I wanted to hear after spending 620 bucks on a bike (which is not cheap to me personally) was what upgrades i needed. The first thing to go was the pedals. I still dont have the ones I want but I picked up a used pair of wellgos at a local shop that I at least dont hate. The other thing I got ragged about was the reflectors. I only took the front one off, that one is silly. I personally like the wheel ones and it also serves as a really quick way to locate the valve.

I haven't done anything crazy on mine yet but Its stood up just fine to the abuse it has seen thus far.

·
Ride More, Work Less
7,774 Posts
Looks great and enjoy!

Don't forget to take the sticker off the front wheel quick release handle.;)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice ride! Get a chainstay protector - like a lizardskin - for your driveside chainstay, or the chain will eat the paint off pretty quickly. You can use an old innertube if you'd rather not spend the dough. Also makes it a bit quieter when you're going over bumps, roots, etc.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you are riding off road exclusively you really should take off the reflectors IMHO because otherwise they just become trailside litter.

To each his own though!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Puuurty bike...
I remember when i got my first new bike some years back, and the first scratch came days later. A little part of me died that day

·
Registered
468 Posts
Very nice ride. Drop the reflectors, like someone else said, they'll end up on the trail. Either you can take em off, of the trail will. Use the label on the tire for the stem locator.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts