Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Curious how they hold up to trail riding. Funny enough, I just watched a YouTube vid of a guy going over a small jump and his Chinese carbon fiber handlebar snapping on him on the landing.

Edit: Found a video. Actually there are a bit on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6QBRjp9-uJg

·
Registered
701 Posts
I got curious about these Chinese bars last night and did some Googling/YouTube searching. Apparently there are a couple reliable Chinese carbon bars that are surprisingly good. There's one with a guy who stressed tested a Nukeproof vs a cheap Chinese bar and he managed to snap the Nukeproof but couldn't break the Chinese one. In another video, a guy was trying to break a cheap EC90 knockoffs road bike handle and couldn't. There may be some gems out there.

We Texan's never trust a guy selling Chinese bars...
lol, wise words to live by.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got curious about these Chinese bars last night and did some Googling/YouTube searching. Apparently there are a couple reliable Chinese carbon bars that are surprisingly good. There's one with a guy who stressed tested a Nukeproof vs a cheap Chinese bar and he managed to snap the Nukeproof but couldn't break the Chinese one. In another video, a guy was trying to break a cheap EC90 knockoffs road bike handle and couldn't. There may be some gems out there.
Ya, I saw some fake Race Face chinese bars on fleabay.
Sounds like it'd be expensive and time intensive to wade through the crap to find good ones.

My Cannondale carbon bars are worlds above what I just got. They look and feel like a finished product.

Gonna stick to the trusted brands.

Saw a chinese carbon 29er hardtail for sale on CL, guy built it up, now selling it......wonder why.

(still like that video)

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
These bars are hit or miss...I'd hate to be the one that ends up with the "miss" bar. I bought two of them a few months ago to try out different widths...and honestly...I don't have the confidence to run them on an actual dirt ride. I ended up spending a whole lot more and got an Enve M6. This is my 4th Enve bar...so I'm pretty comfortable in using them.

I have a China carbon frame and several pairs of China carbon rims. The handlebar I just don't feel comfortable enough to use.

·
825 Posts
Chinese bars?????

A rabbi walks into a Chinese bar and orders a glass of Manischewitz wine. He downs it, leans over the counter, and punches the bartender on the nose, saying "That was for Pearl Harbor!"

The bartender is furious. "Pearl Harbor? That was the Japanese, you idiot! I'm Chinese!"

The rabbi shrugs. "Ach, Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference? Come on, I'll buy you a drink to make up for it."

The bartender nods assent and produces two more glasses of wine. He downs his in one gulp, then leans over and punches the rabbi in the face, saying "That was for the Titanic!"

The rabbi is apoplectic. "The Titanic?!? That was sunk by an iceberg!"

The bartender shrugs. "Eh, iceberg, Goldberg, what's the difference?"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.