Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
not really a baboon
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was looking around Dick's for some shoes and I noticed my brother was looking at the mountain bikes. I went over and said are you getting one (sarcastically) and he said "Should I?" My first response was not from here, but he never rode his bmx bike like it was intended just around town so i figuered most likely he's not going to use his mountain bike religiously. So after looking at them a while longer I talked him out of a 400 fs mongoose:rolleyes: and into a $320 diamondback response. The frame didn't look bad at all, but the components not as nice. But I figured the frame was worthy or some upgrades and it'll be fine until he decides if he wants to really get into the sport. So he was happy and so was I.
We went over to some local trails, which I had been on some of the easier paths there but not the harder one's. So we took the harder ones :devil: For my brother who's only 12 and not in the best shape he hung with me surprisingly well. I only had to wait after some tougher climbs and super rocky decents. And most importantly he was all smiles afterwards.:thumbsup:

However I wasn't as happy because my triad shock got stuck down.:madman:

·
DeForest Stump
972 Posts
That sounds good, except for the stuck down shock part. I've looked at the bikes in Dicks and in the winter they're up to half off. Some good deals to be had for the beginner at least. Have some good rides with your bro.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.