Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My marathon came in today, its even sexier than i thought, those brakes are just awesome! I cant believe how well it shifts, the front derailleur shifts better than my full xtr setup. I love it, the guys just have to switch the brakes around for me (i run my levers moto style) and its ready to ride. The only dissappointment is that it DOESNT come with the Fox 100X fork like is listed in the catelog, it comes with the RLC, which is still an awesome fork, apparently they had some issues with the fork, atleast that is what i was told, anywho here are the pics: (sorry they are poor quality, cell phone camera :madman: )

The Bike:

The new Brain:

Other side of brain:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
interesting they put the rlc instead of the rlt like they did for hte 06,

I can understand having the problem with the X but I think the RLT would be a better compliment to the rear end.

However, I was happy to see that it was spec'ed out with the x again this year. I didn't understand the move away from it for the 06. The excuse last year was that people didn't like it. I loved the 2 I had. Sad to see its not there again.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly i bought the bike truely hoping that the X would be on there, I know some people didnt like, but i thought it would be nice to have, and it was one of the main reasons i bought the bike, maybe i can work something out to get an X for a decent price. Anywho, now you have me second guessing myself, i dont know if the fork is the RLC or RLT, i wasent aware of the RLT, so i will have to check it.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
plussa said:
A man with a such bike roster shouldn't have a such crappy cellphone camera...

LOL :D I know!!!! Its the moto pebl, the phone is great but the camera really sucks!

Anywho, the fork is the RLC, i havent actually got a chance to ride yet besides around the block, I am sort of a regular at the shop and guy that built it is new to the shop (not to bikes thank god!) and there are somethings that they usually setup for me that i dont have to tell them about anymore, like i run my brakes levers backwards since i raced motorcycles all my life i have to have that front brake on the right side. I guess they need a special kit to bleed the new maguras, because the lines lost their bleed when the went to switch them, so i have to wait for the kit to come in before i can pick it up, hopefully that will be tomorrow! Now it is just wait to see how long it takes for the enduro SL pro to come in.......i am drooling just thinking about it!:ihih:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
ryan_sherlock said:
Any ideas of the weight? How much did you have to pay in the end?
apparantly there was some problem with the terralogic forks from fox. They were planning on putting some new cartridge in them but then were having issues and switched back to the old one at the 11th hour.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The weight on the bike completely stock with the crappy and heavy shimano pedals that it comes with is just a hair under 27lbs. I am swapping out the pedals with my crank brothers candy ti pedals, and the wheels with my crossmax XL's. The weight difference between the wheels is 1/2 pound, and i am not sure of the pedals, but hopefully it will be around 26 when i am done. I cant really say what i paid for it, but i got a smoking deal, i paid less for it than what used marathons are selling for on ebay.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bhsavery said:
apparantly there was some problem with the terralogic forks from fox. They were planning on putting some new cartridge in them but then were having issues and switched back to the old one at the 11th hour.

That was the same thing i was told...

Apparently the terralogic they were GOING to come out with complemented the bike perfectly, but it didnt work out, so the old style was too harsh or on/off to complement the new brain shock, so they went with the RLC. Oh well, i am still happy with the bike, though i would really like to try a terralogic fork on it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can understand not saying the price :)

I'm currently racing on a Fetish Cycles Seduction (http://www.ridefetish.com/bike/show/136). I'm thinking of replacing it this year with either the M5 or Carbon Marathon frameset and building it up from there. The Seduction with my race wheels/tires (XTR hubs/DT Swiss Revolution spokes/Mavic 717 rims) wheels weighs about 24 pounds and I'd like to try and keep the epic to that weight or lighter...

How does it ride? I test rode a 05 S-works a while back and liked it, does the new shock work well? I'd love to pick one up on a similar deal!

Thanks for responding to my question :)

Ryan

-------
2006 Fetish Cycles Seduction
2005 Specialized S-Works E5
2006 Specialized S-Works Enduro

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They finally got the brake issue fixed and i JUST got the bike back today, 1 day before my first race...that really gives me time to get to know the bike huh?! Anywho, i got it home and switched the wheels out to my mavics and put some flat bars on it (it comes with carbon risers) and did some fine tuning, now she is ready to go. I get one day play with suspension tomorrow after work, then i get to race it saturday....i am pumped. Anywho, here are some better pics:

Attachments

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guppie58 said:
Does that computer come with a keyboard? Thing is huge. :)

Bike is beautiful. Still waiting for mine. :(

LOL!! Yeah it is kind big, but is nice that it shows everything on one display and i dont have to press buttons while i am riding. Anywho, the shop actually got a call from the specialized Rep today about the bike...just to check and see what i thought about it and the shock, according to him there are only 72 in the country right now, and they are waiting to get feedback on them. From what he said, the shock is awesome, but it does have to be setup PERFECT for it be awesome, so the dealer spent alot of time with me getting the suspension where it should be according to what specialized specs.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts